Lowe's Of St. Mary's

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just had a Lowes experience at the Leonardtown Ace this morning 😕
Must have just missed you, but I had a great visit. Needed a small hibachi. One on the shelf was $29.99. Online it was $12.99. Little talk with the manager and I got the online price without having to actually buy it online.

:yay:

PeoplesElbow

Must have just missed you, but I had a great visit. Needed a small hibachi. One on the shelf was $29.99. Online it was $12.99. Little talk with the manager and I got the online price without having to actually buy it online.

I tried to buy a lawn mower, went to Ace in Lusby and all was good there.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I was the guy standing around at the mowers for 45 minutes while they decided they didn't have the one I wanted.
Man, that's selfish. You should have just taken one from whatever they had in stock. Don't you know there's a cargo shipping crisis going on in the world? It's costing over $8,565 per FEU, (forty-foot equivalent unit), just for manufacturers to ship one container. If they can even find a shipping company willing to do the transport. But do you care? Ace most likely doesn't even know when they'll get another store delivery of lawn mowers, if at all. You just reduced their store income and in all likelihood, caused the reduction of work hours of a couple of employees. You probably wanted one of those special mowers that needs one of those semiconductors that are in extremely short supply that are also shutting down car and truck makers. Your consumer demands are hurting small businesses. Shame on you.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Man, that's selfish. You should have just taken one from whatever they had in stock. Don't you know there's a cargo shipping crisis going on in the world? It's costing over $8,565 per FEU, (forty-foot equivalent unit), just for manufacturers to ship one container. If they can even find a shipping company willing to do the transport. But do you care? Ace most likely doesn't even know when they'll get another store delivery of lawn mowers, if at all. You just reduced their store income and in all likelihood, caused the reduction of work hours of a couple of employees. You probably wanted one of those special mowers that needs one of those semiconductors that are in extremely short supply that are also shutting down car and truck makers. Your consumer demands are hurting small businesses. Shame on you.
I did buy a roll of gorilla tape in the Leonardtown store.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Jake is good people. :yay:

L'Town.girl

One of my co-workers just heard the old rumor that HD is building near the Aldi close to Wildewood.
I sure hope so. The Lowe's recent awful local leadership, being driven by corporate greed, poor policies and really low standards, could use some stiff competition here. The local dump seems to be more organized and safe than Lowe's.

frequentflier

happy to be living
One of my co-workers just heard the old rumor that HD is building near the Aldi close to Wildewood.
Over the years and particularly when we renovated our current home 6 years ago; we spent a lot of time and money in Lowes. It was a great store with great staff.
Last month I went in and was appalled at the blocked aisles and messes and disorganization.
My husband recently returned from overseas and asked if I wanted to go there to buy a bar b que grill and I declined. It took him over two hours; including one hour to get someone to help him and when he got home, he said he understood why I didn't want to go! And admitted I was right about the lack of organization and chaos.
If HD builds, I think that will be a death sentence for Lowes.