Lowe's Of St. Mary's

L'Town.girl

What on earth happened to make this place such a crap hole? I swear, I don't know if there's a Lowe's in Haiti, but if there is, it HAS to be cleaner and more organized than this disaster. Who's running this fire hazard anyway? Aisles blocked. Crap everywhere. Barely any help. Their inventory has to be all jacked up. I'm happy to make the drive to the Dorf for some sanity and service. Definitely not what it used to be.

frequentflier

happy to be living
What on earth happened to make this place such a crap hole? I swear, I don't know if there's a Lowe's in Haiti, but if there is, it HAS to be cleaner and more organized than this disaster. Who's running this fire hazard anyway? Aisles blocked. Crap everywhere. Barely any help. Their inventory has to be all jacked up. I'm happy to make the drive to the Dorf for some sanity and service. Definitely not what it used to be.
I posted about this a couple days ago. Went to the garden center to look for plastic pots and the whole garden center and area inside looked like a bomb had gone off.
It really was a disaster area.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I stopped in yesterday to pick up some celery plants, all the plants were completely dried out. Not a good start for a garden.

They didn't have any celery, but I probably would not have bought it if they had.

PeoplesElbow

It is the worst Lowes I've ever been in, been terrible for a while.

Last year I needed some metal landscape edging, there was a wooden freight of it on the shelf, un opened. Couldnt get anyone to open it, I went to tools got what I needed to open it, this nice older woman that works there thought it was funny and told me atleast someone was doing something back there.

The aisles being blocked constantly with inventory is the most confusing thing, I've seen a stack of paneling sitting in the same spot for weeks.

PeoplesElbow

Oh and they really pissed me off the other day at the garden center. I loaded up a cart of landscape blocks, got upfront and they closed the damn garden center. I drug their shitty cart that wouldn't turn left or go straight while knocking crap over the entire way only to have the cashier tell me he couldnt find the code.

SamSpade

You know it doesn't seem THAT long ago I was shopping at the OLD Lowes, over where BAE Systems is, and where they STILL have some of the old Lowes buildings off to the side.

So in some ways - the question might be, how did it get that bad so fast?

SamSpade

I've long since stopped shopping in their garden center - too many dying plants, overpriced and with only one or two registers, really long lines.

And nobody to help you. I shop there when I have to - but never the garden center. We went to Zimmerman's yesterday.

mitzi

I've long since stopped shopping in their garden center - too many dying plants, overpriced and with only one or two registers, really long lines.

And nobody to help you. I shop there when I have to - but never the garden center. We went to Zimmerman's yesterday.

That's where I'm going this week.

UglyBear

When the HD and Lowe’s were just rolling across the country and trying to displace the small local hardware stores, the hiring was very competitive— I tried several times and was rejected, didn’t know enough about home improvements.

Now it seems they are letting go of the old timers who knew their stuff and had pride in their work, like our friend @spr1975wshs . Their replacement is bratty teens — some of them actually try, but it’s more exception than the rule.

I can’t count the times when I had to roll their giant ladder, open the boxes on the top shelf, just to get what their website claims is in stock, but they didn’t bother to put on the shelf.

(one time, in a moment of desperation, I re-organized their entire ball bearing drawer — and started on something else, but wife dragged me out of there :)

the good news is that people are going back to the local places, like you all stated! Yay for local business!

glhs837

Power with Control
When the HD and Lowe’s were just rolling across the country and trying to displace the small local hardware stores, the hiring was very competitive— I tried several times and was rejected, didn’t know enough about home improvements.

Now it seems they are letting go of the old timers who knew their stuff and had pride in their work, like our friend @spr1975wshs . Their replacement is bratty teens — some of them actually try, but it’s more exception than the rule.

I can’t count the times when I had to roll their giant ladder, open the boxes on the top shelf, just to get what their website claims is in stock, but they didn’t bother to put on the shelf.

(one time, in a moment of desperation, I re-organized their entire ball bearing drawer — and started on something else, but wife dragged me out of there :)

the good news is that people are going back to the local places, like you all stated! Yay for local business!

Yep, place is a mess. Last time I sought advice, about two years back, the older guy in plumbing had my answer, but generally looking for stuff, I'm better off myself.

PeoplesElbow

That’s why I try to always buy at Dysons.
I love Dyson's, but they are not open when I am usually free to go.

There is also the allure of being able to buy toilet parts, flowers, and bbq seasoning in the same store.

As for my landscape blocks I needed ones that matched what I started doing last fall.