Lucky Shot

Found this on another forum. Guy was walking to his deer stand in Texas. He heard a growl from a tree right in front of him. Shined his light on it just in time to see a cougar/mountain lion jump at him. Took a shot and jumped out of the way. The guy is 6'2" by the way.

cougars.jpg

Larry Gude

Strung Out
HOLY ####!!!

...I had no idea there were any cats left in CONUS that big!

Damn!

What'd he shoot him with, '06??? Good thing it wasn't bow season, huh?

BullDawg

Duck Molester
I had a bobcat scream at me years ago as I climbed into my stand one early morning. I couldn't imagine that thing. He must of #### himself.

Re: HOLY ####!!!

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...I had no idea there were any cats left in CONUS that big!

Damn!

What'd he shoot him with, '06??? Good thing it wasn't bow season, huh?
The cats are making quite a comeback out west. They have even moved into Va, WVa and Western MD.

He used a Marlin 336 in 450 Marlin.

K

Kizzy

That is one head you would just half to stick on your wall, nobody would believe you otherwise.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by IM4Change
That is one head you would just half to stick on your wall, nobody would believe you otherwise.
I mount the entire body in a strike pose. Just the way the guy first saw the cat.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Re: HOLY ####!!!

Originally posted by huntr1
The cats are making quite a comeback out west. They have even moved into Va, WVa and Western MD.

He used a Marlin 336 in 450 Marlin.

We've always had "cats" Mt. Lions and Panthers in WV, just not that flippin big! :yikes:

Are you sure that's not a hoax, that's an awfully big couger. :confused:

Re: Re: Re: HOLY ####!!!

Originally posted by Christy
Are you sure that's not a hoax, that's an awfully big couger. :confused:
Don't you know things are bigger in Texas? Even the tools are bigger there (Dallas Cowgirls are proof of that).

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by Pete
can you imagine the size of that litter box
Can you imagine the number of dogs and cats that strayed off and were eaten by that cat. It takes a lot of protien to maintain that body mass and that cat doesn't look malnourished to me. I bet he reaked havoc on the local ranchers. I'm sure that cat weighed in over 300 pounds.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by BullDawg
Can you imagine the number of dogs and cats that strayed off and were eaten by that cat. It takes a lot of protien to maintain that body mass and that cat doesn't look malnourished to me. I bet he reaked havoc on the local ranchers. I'm sure that cat weighed in over 300 pounds.

and small children! :yikes:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by blacklabman
I saw this a while back on a hunting forum. The picture was found to be doctored.

Bummer, that looked to be an amazing cat. Boone & Crockett could have had a field day with that!

I remember hunting deer with my Dad, he always cautioned me to walk with a round in the chamber just in case some horny buck got a wild hair. Glad I never ran into something like that was supposed to be.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I've come upon a few in the woods before, in NM, BC & WA. Once in NM a buddy & I were hiking with his dog (Shepherd/coyote), saw the cat, he followed us at a distance of about 1/2 mile for maybe a half hour.

Figured he was just making sure we stayed out of his area, we waved & passed on through...quickly.