Lucy's Majic?

mingiz

Horse Poor
I had a wonderful weekend even with all the snow. :yahoo: I was good and only bought some tack items. Got a nice Eli Miller breast strap for 55$. I went for the R&R. :snacks: Now my friend picked up 2. A black solid paint and a line back dun. Both nice. I want the Dun!!!! :tantrum I have to wash my truck today it use to be black but it changed to white...The sale wasn't as big this year I guess due to the weather. One guy hauled 1 mare mule from Michigan, he sold her for 5800. If I had the $ I would of bought her in a heart beat. NICE! There were alot of palominos, buckskins and duns this year. I drooled over every one.I'll go again next year.They have alot going on there. QH, Appy shows coming up. Check their site. www.horsecenter.org

mingiz

Horse Poor
There were a few gaited there. Not as many this year. Nothing that impressed me. They do have a gaited sale there. I saw it on the site. Glad your new one is working out. I can't wait to get my spotted filly out on the trails. I have ridden twh and fox trotters. I really liked the fox trotter. Just haven't had enough time on them to tell if I would give up my QH. :lmao:

W

WildHorses

mingiz said:
There were a few gaited there. Not as many this year. Nothing that impressed me. They do have a gaited sale there. I saw it on the site. Glad your new one is working out. I can't wait to get my spotted filly out on the trails. I have ridden twh and fox trotters. I really liked the fox trotter. Just haven't had enough time on them to tell if I would give up my QH. :lmao:

Oh, no, no, never give up a QH. :howdy: Everyone should have at least one around just as a spare. :lmao:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Yup - ya need a slow quarterhorse for your slow friends and a gaited for your fast ones! Thank goodness we've got them both. Slow friends and fast ones!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Have to agree with them gaited girls. It's all in how you train them. My pal mare leaves my gaited buddies behind when they are just walking along. Then when they do decide to get it on my mare has to trot or lope to keep with them. Good thing she has a nice smooth extended trot. I stayed right with Appy and her Paso the first time we rode together. Not all of them go go go. They can be rated.. But yea I like a QH with a nice stocky big butt build. I have a spotted filly ready to start so I will have the chance to ride both..
So I guess I go both ways too. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
My Redheaded RMH looks like a QH. She's 15.2 and built like a tank. But (and i even have witnesses) i got up on her from the GROUND!! :lol: now that's an amazing feat for short little ole me...good thing this girl is ultimately for Rottncop...even though i'm doing all the brushing up with her. :ohwell:

mingiz

Horse Poor
:huggy: Thanks Appy. I'll ride with your stud anyday. I think Shiloh liked him anyway. :lmao: Happyappy all I can say is feel tall when you get up on that RMH...I remeber one time over at Flat Iron I rode one of Debbie's QH's and he was 16.3h I was literally horizontal when I put my foot in the stirrup my head was looking at his stifle. :shocking: I'm 5"7 ...I have a witness too! But i got up there and it was a long way down... :clap: He was a good horse and helped out alot by standing still...I'd rather stick to the 15h level myself.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yeap the short 14.3 to 15 are the best. But I like the stocky type for my stocky a$$.... :lmao: Anyone else freezing thier patuties off...Think I'll stay in today.... :coffee:

appyday said:
Thanks...I noticed yesterday when the blacksmith was out that he grew peach fuzz (white) on his nuts this year..must be a cold winter... :lmao:

This is one of my favorite pictures of him

Now that looks like fun!!! I know nothing about horses!! My dad gave me a horse when I was 9 and we lived in North Dakota. I was only able to visit when he had time to take me. I took lessons and got better at riding and then we had to sell him because we were moving back east to Virgina. Pepe we called him ... Blue Boy Star was his registered name. He was a quarter horse .. palomino in color and just a loveable guy. I hope to ride again one day and also give both my boys the opportunity to feel the magic of riding a horse when they get a bit older. Thanks for posting the pics!!