Luke 5:12-15

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Luke 5:12-15
<sup id="en-NASB-25120">12</sup>While He was in one of the cities, behold, there was a man covered with leprosy; and when he saw Jesus, he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." <sup id="en-NASB-25121">13</sup>And He stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." And immediately the leprosy left him.

<sup id="en-NASB-25122">14</sup>And He ordered him to tell no one, "But go and show yourself to the priest and make an offering for your cleansing, just as Moses commanded, as a testimony to them."

<sup id="en-NASB-25123">15</sup>But the news about Him was spreading even farther, and large crowds were gathering to hear Him and to be healed of their sicknesses.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
This little passage has much to teach, too.

What was the attitude of the leper?
Who sought whom?
What did the leper do after he first encountered Jesus?
What was Jesus' reaction?
What did Jesus do for the leper?
What should this teach us?

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
The Leper had faith and believed that Jesus could cure him. The Leper did not demand to be cured, but rather asked Jesus "If you are willing." Because of the faith that Jesus saw in his heart, he did cure him. I think the basic lesson here is that you never demand from the Lord. If you ask something of God, you MUST have faith and it must be God's will.

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
This little passage has much to teach, too.

What was the attitude of the leper?
Humble and worshipful, but determined.

Who sought whom?
The leper sought Jesus.

What did the leper do after he first encountered Jesus?
He laid down in reverence, and said that if Jesus was willing, Jesus could cure him.

What was Jesus' reaction?
Jesus said he was willing, and I can only imagine his tone of voice. If one's faith is great, there isn't a question whether Jesus is willing or not.

What did Jesus do for the leper?
Jesus healed the leper and sent him to offer a sacrifice of thanks for the healing.

What should this teach us?
There are 3 kinds of faith (just learned this Sunday morning from my pastor): Little Faith (worrying and doubting and anxious), Great Faith (not worrying and able to believe despite circumstances), and Absolute Faith - (no worries, no doubts, and able to do anything God asks without question or concern). The leper is an example of one with Great Faith, knowing Jesus can cure him, but with the slight doubt about whether Jesus will do it or not.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Tinkerbell said:
The Leper had faith and believed that Jesus could cure him. The Leper did not demand to be cured, but rather asked Jesus "If you are willing." Because of the faith that Jesus saw in his heart, he did cure him. I think the basic lesson here is that you never demand from the Lord. If you ask something of God, you MUST have faith and it must be God's will.
Good answer, Tink!! :huggy:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Jesus was also not the only healer in his day, either.
That is certainly true. The true people of God were able to heal just as His disciples were and just as some believers are able to do today.