Lunch in Leonartown where NOT to go.

Bonehead

My wife and I had lunch at the new Speakeasy place that replaced the Brewing Grounds.

Way expensive (24$ for a sandwich and a flat bread, coffee and a bottle of luke warm water) The food was mediocre at best.

What a shame. Never again.

pelers

:frown: I loved Brewing Grounds. Now I feel the need to hit up Coffee Quarter to make sure they stay open.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Anyone been here recently?

I went to Speakeasy upon returning from overseas and I found it to be a nice place to spend some quiet time with the girlfriend. The service was premo and the food wasn't awful. I don't hold the bar up too high for much in the county so you get what you get and I think Speakeasy satisfies my need for a cool place to have a drink and kick back. I like the theme in there.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Anyone been here recently?

The last time I was there was before Christmas and we had a blast. One of the bartenders juggled for us and both bartenders were a lot of fun.
We had the shroom sliders and a couple of the flat breads. The drinks are interesting and it's a small bar to chill in without the meat market atmosphere.

Last edited:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I haven't tried this place yet. Menu looks yummy!

I like it. Heard its hard to get in during the weekend but weekdays haven't been bad. Call ahead for reservations. Seating very limited but that's what makes the place awesome.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Guessing Bonehead loses out on this post. :buddies:

County has come a long way since I got here in 1994. I still think it needs better places to eat that aren't chains or yet another crappy Mexican food place.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Guessing Bonehead loses out on this post. :buddies:

County has come a long way since I got here in 1994. I still think it needs better places to eat that aren't chains or yet another crappy Mexican food place.

I agree with less chains.

Bonehead

Not a win or lose situation. My wife and I were not impressed just an opinion. I am not after a place to hang out and drink. The venue that was there prior was great and we used it often.

We have been here since 1974.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Not a win or lose situation. My wife and I were not impressed just an opinion. I am not after a place to hang out and drink. The venue that was there prior was great and we used it often.

We have been here since 1974.

It was a good coffee shop prior to the new place. I have pretty much resigned myself to heading north into the DC areas when I want to satisfy my craving for things the county just doesn't offer.

I guess what I am saying is that Speakeasy is a whole lot better than what most places offer in the county. I am more willing to accept awesome service and good drink and mediocre bar food than crappy service and bartenders who couldn't mix tang. Leonardtown Pub is nice but gets a bit crowded but even still the service has always been great when I have gone.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
It was a good coffee shop prior to the new place. I have pretty much resigned myself to heading north into the DC areas when I want to satisfy my craving for things the county just doesn't offer.

I guess what I am saying is that Speakeasy is a whole lot better than what most places offer in the county. I am more willing to accept awesome service and good drink and mediocre bar food than crappy service and bartenders who couldn't mix tang. Leonardtown Pub is nice but gets a bit crowded but even still the service has always been great when I have gone.

I agree. CIP and OTP can get crowded and noisy and BTB is a nice change.

You could also start out there and walk to several Leonardtown restaurants for dinner.

terbear1225

I was sad to see Brewing grounds go as it was a good/ convenient place to take the little ones for a sandwich or hot chocolate when they got out of school early.

kelb

art imitating life
I went in October. Went for a bachelorette party. The bartenders were a lot of fun and very entertaining. Great drinks the food was pretty good and if you wear a fedora your first drink is half price. We do spend girls like their a lot now and it is a ton of fun if you like to sit around have cocktails and appetizers and enjoy good conversation.