Lush

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
:howdy: I've used them off and on for years. The bath stuff is all great (bombs/ballistics, melts, etc). I make sure I'm always well stocked with Butter Ball. :lol:

The massage bars are great for just rubbing on your skin after you shower (as a moisturizer). Lotions are great, although I don't care for the foot stuff. Sympathy for the Skin is my favorite - it has a nice fruity smell.

They've recently changed their bar soap formulation, so it doesn't lather well at all. The body washes are better.

The hair stuff is hit or miss and what works for one person won't work for someone else. Their "heaviest" conditioner is American Cream, which smells amazing but does nothing for me. I have better luck with Veganese, which is supposedly lighter but moisturizes my hair better. I really like Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo - it makes my hair shiny. It does take your hair about a week to get over the lack of silicone, but if you can stick with it your hair will thank you.

I've had mixed success with their facial products. If you're interested in them, my suggestion would be to ask a salesgirl/guy to recommend something and get a few samples. Their Tea Tree Water is nice and refreshing in the summer (you can use it like a toner or just spritz it on your face), and Mask of Magnaminty is a good mask.

The scents are more earthy than traditional bath and body stuff, but I like that. They frequently discontinue products, which is sometimes frustrating. My favorite product was their Skinny Dip shower gel - it had this really great white chocolate/clove scent that I still crave although it's been discontinued for years. :lol:

If you're interested in getting the best prices, order online from the UK site. Prices and shipping are cheaper, the products are better quality, and you get the order faster than if you ordered from the North America site.

I've tried quite a bit of their stuff over the years, so if you have a question about anything specific, I may be able to help you out.

Last edited:
S

shiki

Anyone used/tried any Lush Cosmetics products? What did you think? Any favorites?
I'm a huge fan of LUSH. I love so many of their products but I love the Cinder bath bomb because it has pop rocks and makes so much noise and smells like heaven. Tisty Totsy, because it's so romantic. Bubble bars are my favorite product, and of those I love Blue Skies, the Comforter and the Gnome the most.
Snow Fairy anything is also at the top of my list.
My kids love lush too.

Do you order from the website or Amazon or do you go to the stores?

molly_21

I personally do not use any of the bath stuff (bombs) and the skin care I do not like. But I love their hair care products, soap, and their dusting powder. While it might seem expensive for their hair care, I find that even a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner (I have thick, wavy med. length hair) will still last me at least six weeks since you do not need to much of it.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I'm a huge fan of LUSH. I love so many of their products but I love the Cinder bath bomb because it has pop rocks and makes so much noise and smells like heaven. Tisty Totsy, because it's so romantic. Bubble bars are my favorite product, and of those I love Blue Skies, the Comforter and the Gnome the most.
Snow Fairy anything is also at the top of my list.
My kids love lush too.

Do you order from the website or Amazon or do you go to the stores?

I went to their store in Annapolis Mall -- daughter has ordered from the website.

Oh I thought this was a JollyRoger thread.
:smack: Don't hijack my tread!

(don't want you in trouble -- things would be too boring around here :huggy:)

No - where do you find them?

Annapolis Mall is closest local source.

:howdy: I've used them off and on for years. The bath stuff is all great (bombs/ballistics, melts, etc). I make sure I'm always well stocked with Butter Ball. :lol:

The massage bars are great for just rubbing on your skin after you shower (as a moisturizer). Lotions are great, although I don't care for the foot stuff. Sympathy for the Skin is my favorite - it has a nice fruity smell.

They've recently changed their bar soap formulation, so it doesn't lather well at all. The body washes are better.

The hair stuff is hit or miss and what works for one person won't work for someone else. Their "heaviest" conditioner is American Cream, which smells amazing but does nothing for me. I have better luck with Veganese, which is supposedly lighter but moisturizes my hair better. I really like Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo - it makes my hair shiny. It does take your hair about a week to get over the lack of silicone, but if you can stick with it your hair will thank you.

I've had mixed success with their facial products. If you're interested in them, my suggestion would be to ask a salesgirl/guy to recommend something and get a few samples. Their Tea Tree Water is nice and refreshing in the summer (you can use it like a toner or just spritz it on your face), and Mask of Magnaminty is a good mask.

The scents are more earthy than traditional bath and body stuff, but I like that. They frequently discontinue products, which is sometimes frustrating. My favorite product was their Skinny Dip shower gel - it had this really great white chocolate/clove scent that I still crave although it's been discontinued for years. :lol:

If you're interested in getting the best prices, order online from the UK site. Prices and shipping are cheaper, the products are better quality, and you get the order faster than if you ordered from the North America site.

I've tried quite a bit of their stuff over the years, so if you have a question about anything specific, I may be able to help you out.

I bought some stuff after Christmas -- yummy yummy yummy shower gel & fairy Tail sugar scrub, and they gave me a sample of Cynthia Silvia Stout. I loved it so much I went back & bought a bigger bottle of it as I loved what it did for my hair. I also got some Coolaulin conditioner (flipped a coin between that & the Veganese so I'll try the Veganese next time). I mean, really, who couldn't love shampoo with beer & lemon? :lmao:

I'm looking for a really good moisturizer as I have exceptionally dry skin in the winter so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I'm looking for a really good moisturizer as I have exceptionally dry skin in the winter so I'd appreciate any suggestions.
I was initially put off by the scent of Cynthia Sylvia Stout, but it grew on me. :lol: I do like Coolaulin too, but I found that Veganese worked better on my hair with the shampoo I chose. You might want to try one of the body butters during the dry winter months. Be very careful when you use them in the shower - try not to get them in the stream of water because they'll melt away. King of Skin is awesome. And, as odd as it sounds, I've used their Curly Wurly shampoo to exfoliate/moisturize in the shower. I found it to be much too greasy for my hair but didn't want it to go to waste. :lol:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I was initially put off by the scent of Cynthia Sylvia Stout, but it grew on me. :lol: I do like Coolaulin too, but I found that Veganese worked better on my hair with the shampoo I chose. You might want to try one of the body butters during the dry winter months. Be very careful when you use them in the shower - try not to get them in the stream of water because they'll melt away. King of Skin is awesome. And, as odd as it sounds, I've used their Curly Wurly shampoo to exfoliate/moisturize in the shower. I found it to be much too greasy for my hair but didn't want it to go to waste. :lol:

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

S

shiki

It is valentines day. I've got a Lush massage bar that looks like a ginger bread man and I'm gonna get me a rub down :) :smoochy:

I love the solid shampoos. When I first saw them I was like wtf but after trying it I fell in love, so I definitely recommend at least a try. And veganese is amazing. Lush is expensive but to me worth the splurge. A lady has to treat herself to the best once in a while :yahoo:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
It is valentines day. I've got a Lush massage bar that looks like a ginger bread man and I'm gonna get me a rub down :) :smoochy:

I love the solid shampoos. When I first saw them I was like wtf but after trying it I fell in love, so I definitely recommend at least a try. And veganese is amazing. Lush is expensive but to me worth the splurge. A lady has to treat herself to the best once in a while :yahoo:

Let me know how you like the massage bar. I was thinking of trying one of those out with (never mind, tmi)... :wink:

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.

Veganese? Wow. I only eat veganese b/c Im a vegetarian, I never thought about washing my hair with it! I would think it would be kinda greasy right?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Veganese? Wow. I only eat veganese b/c Im a vegetarian, I never thought about washing my hair with it! I would think it would be kinda greasy right?
Not Veganaise. :lol:

Veganese is their only liquid vegan conditioner.