Lutheran Church ?

johnjrval424

More Missouri Synod. The tradional Lutheran style of worship vs the contemporary.

Yes - that's what I brought up in and I've yet to find a Missouri Synod in these parts. In fact, they seem scarce period. I've gone to both - a contemporary Lutheran and the "just barely missed" Catholic version and I guess old habits are hard to break. I want what I'm familiar with - everything else sounds new age to me.

Sorry - wish I could be more help. Where are you located? Perhaps I can do a search later and maybe we would both win...

Harvick29

I live just a mile south of the base. My family has yet to find a traditional style Lutheran church since we moved here. The ones we have gone to seem a bit overly contemporary.

johnjrval424

I live just a mile south of the base. My family has yet to find a traditional style Lutheran church since we moved here. The ones we have gone to seem a bit overly contemporary.

Yes - I know exactly what you mean. I'll see what I can find and let you know.

johnjrval424

Here is what I could find:
http://www.lcms.org/locators/nchurches/c_summary1.asp

There is a church in Lexington Park - when I clicked on their website, they are playing traditional hymns. That's a good sign.

Do you recognize any of these congregations?

Harvick29

Thnx.. I will look into it. The best one ive found was St Pauls ..in Mechanicsville, but that was too far to drive. I heard there is another new one being built in Calvert County .. we may try that one. We just want a 'calmer' version of worship.
Thnx again for your help !!!!