Luthier recommendations

RPMDAD

I know i can google this just curious i know there are some good guitar players on this forum. Larry, psyops and David just for a start sure there are many more on these forums. Does anyone have any luthier recommendations, or experience with anyone. Have an Epiphone Hummingbird with a cracked head stock, ( my fault for leaving it unsecured but thanks to one of three cats who was never identified who knocked it over ) Just curious if anyone here has any experience with a luthier in Md. T.I.A.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I could be wrong, but I think that a cracked head stock is something that the factory will need to address and not a local luthier. I would start by giving the manufacturer a call for advice.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I know i can google this just curious i know there are some good guitar players on this forum. Larry, psyops and David just for a start sure there are many more on these forums. Does anyone have any luthier recommendations, or experience with anyone. Have an Epiphone Hummingbird with a cracked head stock, ( my fault for leaving it unsecured but thanks to one of three cats who was never identified who knocked it over ) Just curious if anyone here has any experience with a luthier in Md. T.I.A.

I had an old Guild acoustic electric fall from leaning on a piano and cracked the top of the neck just below the headstock. I took it to Chuck Levin's Repair Shop and they did an excellent job. Of course this was way back in 1979 but I'm sure they still do an awesome job. These guys are not just ordinary repair guys. They are highly trained experts, so you can trust they will do the best job. It's quite a drive away from SOMD but may be well worth it.

Although the website gives some quotes for repairs, depending on the extent of the damage, you definitely might want to weight cost of repair vs. guitar value.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I could be wrong, but I think that a cracked head stock is something that the factory will need to address and not a local luthier. I would start by giving the manufacturer a call for advice.

If Epiphone is anything like Taylor, you can send your guitar to them and they will repair it, but this could be very costly. Sometimes you can convince them that this happened as a result of a defect and they will repair at not cost to you. Good luck with that. So calling Epiphone might be a good first try.

danjuandemarco

AKA Captain Awesome
Nanbo's

There's also Nanbo's down in Wildewood. Mason, the owner, is a master luthier, and has done inlay work for Carlos Santana (he'll tell you all about it, lol), but he does great work, and he specializes in acoustic guitars. I'd recommend him, at least as a second option if you don't like Chuck Levin's quoted repair estimate.