Lying about Military Pay Raises...to the military

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think it's worth bitching about. I've seen shipmates on food stamps, fer crissakes! Here's the thing: Congress controls the money, doesn't matter what the President puts in the budget. He can certainly influence the final budget (yeah, right...when was the last time they passed an actual budget?), but ultimately, your friendly local Congress-critter is the tree you should be barking up.

Of course. I'm just *bitching* because Trump found this to be something to brag about when 1) he's wrong about it being the first in 10 years, and 2) like 2.4% is something to brag about. Unbeknownst to Hijinx (who apparently has paid attention to anything I've posted), I have been supportive of just about everything Trump is doing and wants to do. But when he make stupid and uninformed comments - especially when it comes to our troops - I'm going to say something.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Of course. I'm just *bitching* because Trump found this to be something to brag about when 1) he's wrong about it being the first in 10 years, and 2) like 2.4% is something to brag about. Unbeknownst to Hijinx (who apparently has paid attention to anything I've posted), I have been supportive of just about everything Trump is doing and wants to do. But when he make stupid and uninformed comments - especially when it comes to our troops - I'm going to say something.

Ever think that he simply misspoke when he said big "pay" increase? Maybe what he meant was big "spending" increase. For it to be a lie wouldn't there need to be intent to deceive? Obama said he would be campaigning in all "57" states, I took that to be a gaff, not a lie. When Obama said "you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan, you will save $2500 a year" I took those to be outright lies.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ever think that he simply misspoke when he said big "pay" increase? Maybe what he meant was big "spending" increase. For it to be a lie wouldn't there need to be intent to deceive? Obama said he would be campaigning in all "57" states, I took that to be a gaff, not a lie. When Obama said "you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan, you will save $2500 a year" I took those to be outright lies.

Well, I did say that he was either misinformed or he lied. I can't speak to what he *might* have meant; I only know what he said.

PeoplesElbow

Holy crap! What's he paying, about a $1000 a month?

I didn't want to pry but I am pretty sure the previous vehicle's loan was rolled into that too.

I have always been a civilian but have worked closely with military, become friends with military, and even bunked with military on ships but it seems that they need to extend boot camp a week to teach "life skills" to a bunch of 18 year olds that aren't ready for the real world. I have even watched quite a few sailors butcher their laundry aboard ship.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I think it's worth bitching about. I've seen shipmates on food stamps, fer crissakes!

Whoop di flying f*ck diddly do. A snot nosed E-3, under two years service, is being paid a bit over $23,000 per year. Hell, an E-5 over six years in is raking in over $35,000. And in addition, will have full health, eyes-teeth-body, coverage, access to breakfast-lunch-dinner via the chow hall, and a place to sh*t, shower, shave and sleep. More than enough playing around money with the leftover being saved, if any. There are absolutely zero, nada, zilch, single service members that are on food stamps. Not a one. I do not care if some married, or otherwise irresponsible dolt with child, has money problems. It is not the responsibility of the Department of Defense to provide a living family wage for any service member. Never has, never will. It's enough that many installations are now building and expanding post/base housing for married personnel. Thereby removing all costs associated with housing, even covering electricity. And by living on base with the commissary being so close, will save on grocery shopping as well, and not having to pay any sales tax on hard goods from the exchange. These pity stories are pathetic. The moral, if there is one, by staying single while in the service, one will do just fine, and have plenty of money to do any thing and really want for nothing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Whoop di flying f*ck diddly do. A snot nosed E-3, under two years service, is being paid a bit over $23,000 per year. Hell, an E-5 over six years in is raking in over $35,000. And in addition, will have full health, eyes-teeth-body, coverage, access to breakfast-lunch-dinner via the chow hall, and a place to sh*t, shower, shave and sleep. More than enough playing around money with the leftover being saved, if any. There are absolutely zero, nada, zilch, single service members that are on food stamps. Not a one. I do not care if some married, or otherwise irresponsible dolt with child, has money problems. It is not the responsibility of the Department of Defense to provide a living family wage for any service member. Never has, never will. It's enough that many installations are now building and expanding post/base housing for married personnel. Thereby removing all costs associated with housing, even covering electricity. And by living on base with the commissary being so close, will save on grocery shopping as well, and not having to pay any sales tax on hard goods from the exchange. These pity stories are pathetic. The moral, if there is one, by staying single while in the service, one will do just fine, and have plenty of money to do any thing and really want for nothing.

Your entire post is spiteful, disrespectful, and blatantly wrong!

When Active-Duty Service Members Struggle To Feed Their Families

In July 2016, the Government Accountability Office concluded that the Department of Defense was not fully collecting or analyzing data on how many service members were in need of food assistance or enrolled in federal programs such as SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (also known as food stamps), and WIC, the program for Women, Infants and Children.

At the same time, the GAO found troubling signs that some military families were in need. For example, nearly 1 in 4 children at DOD schools are eligible for free meals, a program that's based on income. Also, about 23,000 active-duty service members rely on SNAP benefits, according to the 2013 Census Bureau.

I took you to be smarter than this. Your post reeks of Transporter - full contempt. It is directly the responsibility of the the government to make sure our service members - willing to go to war, and die, in your stead - are taken care of. You have a distorted and unrealistic view of who these people are that serve FOR YOU! Don't get married. Don't have kids. You come across as though our military are a burden to your wallet.

You know, not much offends me; but your post - full of complete contempt for our military - does. Having lived this life in and around the military for over 30 years, I am honored and blessed every time I see our troops quickly raise their hands when their commander asks "Who wants to deploy to the most deplorable places in the world and die for their country, so LightRoasted can sleep safe at night"?

You are a disgrace!

nutz

If I may ...

On this topic, I definitely agree. Off base, these guys get more for housing pay than quite a few spend on a mortgage. Let's also not forget all those perks( BAH, BAS,medical, dental, sick leave, etc.)are tax-free. Now add sea pay, flight pay, enlistment bonuses, retention bonuses (60ish categories), etc. etc. and the life does not always suck.

Midnightrider

When Active-Duty Service Members Struggle To Feed Their Families

I took you to be smarter than this. Your post reeks of Transporter - full contempt. It is directly the responsibility of the the government to make sure our service members - willing to go to war, and die, in your stead - are taken care of. You have a distorted and unrealistic view of who these people are that serve FOR YOU! Don't get married. Don't have kids. You come across as though our military are a burden to your wallet.

You know, not much offends me; but your post - full of complete contempt for our military - does. Having lived this life in and around the military for over 30 years, I am honored and blessed every time I see our troops quickly raise their hands when their commander asks "Who wants to deploy to the most deplorable places in the world and die for their country, so LightRoasted can sleep safe at night"?

You are a disgrace!
Pretty sure they she was using ‘singe’ to mean not married and no family.as in “there are no unmarried servicemen receiving food stamps.”

PsyOps

Pixelated
On this topic, I definitely agree. Off base, these guys get more for housing pay than quite a few spend on a mortgage. Let's also not forget all those perks( BAH, BAS,medical, dental, sick leave, etc.)are tax-free. Now add sea pay, flight pay, enlistment bonuses, retention bonuses (60ish categories), etc. etc. and the life does not always suck.

There you have it... our troops are living the life of luxury at the expense of our tax payers. Tell it to the family of one of them that died in combat.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Pretty sure they she was using ‘singe’ to mean not married and no family.as in “there are no unmarried servicemen receiving food stamps.”

There are no stats to support this. I knew plenty of single airmen that were on all sorts of public assistance. Many of these single members have kids. Some are single because they were married to someone else in the military that was killed in action. New single "snot nosed" E3s will live on base in the dorms until they reach a certain rank, then they are forced out of the dorms to live off base. They are compensated; but in many cases it's not enough. Think of the single shift worker with kids. They have to find a babysitter for all hours of the day. Yeah, I know... they shouldn't be having kids. Our troops shouldn't be human. They volunteer and should become mindless bots. Something less than an ordinary human being.

We have, for a very long time, said it all-too-often that our military are way under-paid for what they do. Pay raises aren't automatic; and in so many cases lag behind inflation. But you know what? They keep doing their job defending this country and our freedoms anyway; be damned the contempt they often receive.

nutz

There you have it... our troops are living the life of luxury at the expense of our tax payers. Tell it to the family of one of them that died in combat.

I spent 22.5 of years of my adult life traveling the globe in support of God and country. I wake up often remembering things I wish to hell I could forget, probably drink too much trying to erase some of my past. I didn't claim anyone was living a life of luxury. Service members aren't paupers.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I spent 22.5 of years of my adult life traveling the globe in support of God and country. I wake up often remembering things I wish to hell I could forget, probably drink too much trying to erase some of my past. I didn't claim anyone was living a life of luxury. Service members aren't paupers.

Many, because of circumstances out of their control, are on public assistance. If you served as long as you claim you have, you know this.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Did you even read what I wrote? Single. Not married. No kids. SINGLE service members. Not a one receives food stamps. Maybe you missed the part where I said, "Not a one. I do not care if some married, or otherwise irresponsible dolt with child, has money problems"? To even ensure the reader would differentiate. Not your strong suit, is it? You are the one way off base. I've no contempt for out military. As I said, it is not the responsibility of the United States government or the Department of Defense to pay a wage for a service member to support a family. You must of been one of those dependents that got used to being a military dependent. One that constantly complained. That dependent constantly giving your sponsor migraines because you were never satisfied. Our service members are fully taken care of just fine. But when they take on a family, it is on them to adjust. Just like my signature says, "If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one."

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I knew plenty of single airmen that were on all sorts of public assistance. Many of these single members have kids. New single "snot nosed" E3s will live on base in the dorms until they reach a certain rank, then they are forced out of the dorms to live off base.

Again, no single, without kids, service member receives food stamps. None. If they do they are gaming the system. No one is forced to move out of the barracks after attaining a certain rank, E-6 and above. E-5 and below allowed if there is a space shortage and it must be authorized by their commander referencing AR 420-1 and AR 210-50. They are however, given the choice to move to off post/base housing if they so choose as a perk of attaining such rank and paid BAH at the "without dependents" rate.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If I may ...

Did you even read what I wrote? Single. Not married. No kids. SINGLE service members. Not a one receives food stamps. Maybe you missed the part where I said, "Not a one. I do not care if some married, or otherwise irresponsible dolt with child, has money problems"? To even ensure the reader would differentiate. Not your strong suit, is it? You are the one way off base. I've no contempt for out military. As I said, it is not the responsibility of the United States government or the Department of Defense to pay a wage for a service member to support a family. You must of been one of those dependents that got used to being a military dependent. One that constantly complained. That dependent constantly giving your sponsor migraines because you were never satisfied. Our service members are fully taken care of just fine. But when they take on a family, it is on them to adjust. Just like my signature says, "If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one."

You can't get it more wrong. You're posting bull#### now just to try to score points and get out of the hole you've dug for yourself. You're dead wrong about singles not getting public assistance. And you're dead wrong about me. If you've even paid the slightest bit of attention (even in this thread), you'd know I served more than 20 years AD.

But, you're right... the military doesn't issue us a family. But given over half that are serving are married with kids, I'd say we're just like any other human that lives in this country; and not mindless bots that adhere to some fictitious standard that people like you have set.

Now I suggest you get to your local airport and commence with spitting on our returning troops. You're probably far batter at that than the lying BS you're spewing on here.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You can't get it more wrong. You're posting bull#### now just to try to score points and get out of the hole you've dug for yourself. You're dead wrong about singles not getting public assistance. And you're dead wrong about me. If you've even paid the slightest bit of attention (even in this thread), you'd know I served more than 20 years AD.

But, you're right... the military doesn't issue us a family. But given over half that are serving are married with kids, I'd say we're just like any other human that lives in this country; and not mindless bots that adhere to some fictitious standard that people like you have set.

Now I suggest you get to your local airport and commence with spitting on our returning troops. You're probably far batter at that than the lying BS you're spewing on here.

Well now, with over 20 years of service, you should know exactly what I'm talking about. Show me where a single service member, with no children, with no dependents, on their own, by themselves, no responsibilities other than to themselves, is getting public assistance. I know, maybe you were passed over for promotion too many times? Being you were in the Air Force. That's why you are angry. Retire at E-5 huh? Yeah, I'd be pissed also.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well now, with over 20 years of service, you should know exactly what I'm talking about. Show me where a single service member, with no children, with no dependents, on their own, by themselves, no responsibilities other than to themselves, is getting public assistance. I know, maybe you were passed over for promotion too many times? Being you were in the Air Force. That's why you are angry. Retire at E-5 huh? Yeah, I'd be pissed also.

Spitting our service members is definitely your strong point. Wear that badge with pride.