Lyme Checklist

hotcoffee

Since I am lucky enough to have a great Lyme Literate Doctor and I went to the meeting in Sunderland the other night an picked up a good brochure.... I thought I would post some of the itmes on the Symptoms or Signs list and see if anyone wanted to discuss them a little....

• Persidtant swollen glands
  • Sore throat
  • Fevers
  • Sore soles, esp. in the AM
  • Joint Pain
  • Fingers, toes
  • Ankles, wrists
  • Knees, elbows
  • Hips, shoulders
  • Joint swelling
  • Fingers, toes
  • Ankles, wrists
  • Knees, elbows
  • Hips, shoulders
  • Unexplained back pain
  • Stiffness of the joints or back
  • Muscle pain or cramps
  • Obvious muscle weakness
  • Twitching of the face or other muscles
  • Confusion, difficulty thinking
  • Difficulty with concentration, reading, problem absorbing new information
  • Word seach, name block
  • Forgetfullness, poor short term memory, poor attention
  • Disorientation; getting lost, going to wrong places
  • Speech error-wrong word, misspeeking
  • Mood swings, irritablility depression

OK.... now your turn.... oh and there's much more....

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
Since I am lucky enough to have a great Lyme Literate Doctor and I went to the meeting in Sunderland the other night an picked up a good brochure.... I thought I would post some of the itmes on the Symptoms or Signs list and see if anyone wanted to discuss them a little....

• Sore throat
  • Fevers
  • Joint Pain
  • Fingers, toes
  • Ankles, wrists
  • Knees, elbows
  • Hips, shoulders
  • Joint swelling
  • Fingers, toes
  • Ankles, wrists
  • Knees, elbows
  • Hips, shoulders
  • Unexplained back pain
  • Muscle pain or cramps
  • Word seach, name block

My fingers hurt..... can I just say "DITTO"? :howdy:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!

• Sore throat
  • Fevers
  • Joint Pain
  • Fingers, toes
  • Ankles, wrists
  • Knees, elbows
  • Hips, shoulders
  • Joint swelling
  • Fingers, toes
  • Ankles, wrists
  • Knees, elbows
  • Hips, shoulders
  • Unexplained back pain
  • Muscle pain or cramps
  • Word seach, name block

Thanks for info, I pulled a tick off the middle of my back Saturday. Don't think he was attached but had to pull just a bit. have a slight redness and I'm watching it like a hawk...only the 2nd time I've had a tick on me, they freak me out and I hate them! (not originally from here, not used to somd ticks) :yahoo:

lisa8439

I am going through a second fight with lyme (and other co-infections) and I will just say that these symptoms are also symptoms of MANY other medical problems...

rarely will you have most everything on the list of symptoms. Joint pain/swelling has been the biggest for me, followed by memory/cognitive/balance issues. Fatigue wasn't a huge problem for me this time around (last time it was #1 on the list) and I've never had a rash - not even the slightest bit of redness around the original tick bite 10 years ago.

It is always good to know the lyme symptom list - many doctors will listen to your symptoms and lump you into one of the 'more common' diseases/ailments when they diagnose you. For some reason, lyme isn't on the radar around here as much as it should be - and YOU the consumer can change that by bringing it up to your doctor. Ask for the Elisa and Western Blot, then ask for your test results so you can look at it (CDC guidelines on what constitutes a 'negative' test are way off - I hate to say you should go to the internet to research it more, but you really should, in this case there is more knowledge on the internet than the CDC has at the moment). Not everyone has lyme - it may be something simple or more complex - but the bottom line is that lyme should at least be investigated as a very real possibility because of the area.

Also know that chronic lyme can cause SEPERATE medical issues - things above and beyond *just* lyme disease, that need to be treated seperately. I am dealing with this right now. Chronic lyme has led to heart problems and back problems for me - things that were caused specifically by the lyme, but that won't be *cured* by antibiotics, they are now seperate things I have to have care for my entire life.

Catching lyme in the early stages can be critical - and catching co-infections is JUST as critical. In my case, I did treat my lyme infection 10 years ago, but if you don't treat the co-infections as well, the lyme is never really killed off - the co-infections offer the lyme a place to 'hide out' or 'feed' off of, and it slowly starts to invade your body again. Eradicating each and every co-infection along with lyme is really important. I don't think they knew how to effectively test for or treat the co-infection that I have 10 years ago - so if you had lyme years ago and still do not feel well, don't hesitate to go back to your doctor or a lyme-literate doc. It could indeed be the lyme rearing its ugly head again.

sorry that was long - this is a topic I can get a little flustered about. Lyme has affected me and my family in so many ways, yet it is a disease that is largely ignored by many. :mad:

VenusDoom

Rock Star
I'm still waiting on the diagnosis to come back saying I've got lyme. The first test they ran came back with one positive and the rest negative... but I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the latest blood work (which didn't include a lyme test) indicated a severe vitamin D deficiency (for which I now take a massive dose of vitamin D weekly).

hotcoffee

Ok... here's some more items on the checklist.....

• Anxiety, panic attacks
  • Psychosis [hallucinations, defusions, paranoia, bipolar]
  • Tremor
  • Siezures
  • Headachs
  • Light Sensitivity
  • Sound Sensitivity
  • Vision: double, blurry, floaters
  • Ear pain
  • Hearing: buzzing, ringing, decreased hearing
  • Increased motion sickness, vertigo, spinning
  • Off balance, "tippy" feeling
  • Lightheadedness, wooziness, unavoidable need to sit or lie
  • Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains, skin hyper sensitivity
  • Facial paralysis: Bell's Palsy
  • Dental pain
  • Neck creaks and cracks, stiffness, neck pain
  • Fatigue, tired, poor stamina
  • Insomnia, fractionated sleep, early awakening
  • Excessive night time sleep
  • Napping during the day
  • Unexplained weight gain
  • Unexplained weight loss
  • Unexplained hair loss
  • Pain in genital area
  • Unexplained menstrual irregularity
  • Unexplained milk production: breast pain
  • Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • Loss of libido

:coffee:

There's more but.... what say you to these?