Mac Users?

aalgar

I know there have to be at least a couple of Mac users down here... I'm somewhat curious to see if anyone else has had as difficult a time as I finding software and support in this area.

Also, not to be mean or anything, but please don't just post to say that Macs suck.  I'm really not in the mood. ;)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My computer of choice is a Mac but I can't get software for it, either.  Even online - they just don't make software like they do for Windows.  It's basically a paperweight at this point, which annoys me because I'm truly tired of crashes and reboots.

aalgar

The "Macs don't have the software that Windows has" argument is a myth.  Maybe there aren't the total number of titles available, but you can certainly do everything with a Mac that you can do on a Windows machine.  (Trust me, I've been using both for well over a decade.)

I won't go into my reasons for being a Mac user — that argument has definitely been played out on every other message board in America.  I just wish people (especially local ISPs) would quit looking at me like I have three heads when I tell them I use a Mac.  The internet — e-mail, IP addresses, the web, et. al. — is the internet no matter what machine you're using.

Really, I just resent having to buy everything I need mail-order.  But that's a general complaint about St. Mary's county anyhow... or has a sizable music or book store opened since I checked last?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gotta refute your testimony, there, pardner.  I <i>would</i> use my Mac for business (since I have my own and can do whatever I want) but the stuff for Windows is significantly better than anything they have for Mac.  However, Mac is still a better OS.  No need to go into the whys and wherefores - people who use both a Mac and a PC know which is better.  Those who don't will never believe that there actually is a computer that doesn't crash every day and that bright blue isn't a normal screen color.

Even with a PC you'd have to buy everything mail order.

MikeyBash

Hey! I'm one of the Mac faithful. In fact, I used to be the principle Mac support guy before they decided to go all-Microsoft.

Now I use a Windoze machine at work, but at home I have a real cool Airport network with an Imac, Imac DV, a PowerBook 2400c with a wireless lan card, and a couple of other Macs for the kids.

Maybe we should start a Mac user group?