Madonna Used to Be Good-Looking..

SeaRide

Cowell: 'Madonna Used to Be Good-Looking'

Sat Jan 17, 3:40 PM

Simon Cowell, "American Idol" judge, appears at Barnes & Noble ...More...
LOS ANGELES - Not content to crush the spirit of unknowns, "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell is training his sights on one of the biggest stars in the business _ Madonna.

Cowell, promoting Monday's start of the third "American Idol" season, recently was drawn into a discussion with the Television Critics Association about the physical attributes of today's stars.

"Britney (Spears) is cute, isn't she?" Cowell said. "Beyonce is good-looking. Jennifer Lopez is good-looking. Madonna used to be good-looking."

His fellow judges, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson, groaned.

"She's a housewife!" Cowell said.

SeaRide

the term .. housewife

how many of you are comfortable with the term 'housewife' ?

Do you prefer to be called 'wife' or 'housewife' ? .. or you don't care..?

I have not heard someone saying 'this is my housewife..' in a long long time.

any thoughts? opinions?

K

Kain99

Most women today realize that we, as a gender are so completely superior to Men...... that titles like "housewife" don't even make us blink. :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kain99
Most women today realize that we, as a gender are so completely superior to Men...... that titles like "housewife" don't even make us blink. :biggrin:
:duh:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kain99
That statement didn't include you Pete! You're one of the girls! :killingme

j/k
Your just feeling threatened that I am an "independent" man who don't need some woman to take care of me. :cool:

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Originally posted by Pete
Your just feeling threatened that I am an "indepenent" man who don't need some woman to take care of me. :cool:
This is completely true! What is... wrong with you anyway? :roflmao:

Toxick

Splat
What about

Domestic Goddess?

Or Domestic Engineer?

Anyone? Anyone?

I don't see why the term 'housewife' would be considered diminutive or disrespectful in any way. It carries the same weight as "Janitor", "Plumber", "Factory Worker" or "Lawyer".

Well, maybe not lawyer. That's just insulting.