Magazines

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A friend posted this question on FB (Thanks @Nupe2!) and it made me pause to think about it. I only subscribe to one local (Southern Maryland - This Is Living!) and a professional journal. I do get a couple that are published as part of a service (AAA, etc.) but I am talking about paid subscriptions for a printed edition.

Back in the day, my ex-husband and I subscribed to a ton of them between us: Scientific American, Rodale's Organic Gardening, National Geographic, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Gourmet, Family Handyman, Prevention, Consumer Reports, etc. Some are no longer in print and others are online only.

Do you still subscribe to any? Are they going the way of the dinosaur?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sunset and Southern Living are the only two I get. I like to have them in hand to flip through. Not on-line.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't subscribe to any and I don't buy them at the store. I used to always have magazines around, but now I have other ways to waste time and can get any information/entertainment from the internet for free.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
American Rifleman, Bronco Driver, Workboat World, Maritime Reporter, Marine News and the SNAME and ASNE publications.
I used to receive a dozen other "specialty trade" magazines but eventually canned them - even though those are free - because I never actually read them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When I first saw the tread title I was all ready to opine on the differences between Troy and Magpul...steel vs plastic...20 rd versus 30 rd..

stgislander

PREMO Member
American Rifleman, Bronco Driver, Workboat World, Maritime Reporter, Marine News and the SNAME and ASNE publications.
I used to receive a dozen other "specialty trade" magazines but eventually canned them - even though those are free - because I never actually read them.
I think Jazz meant personal subscriptions. You need to separate your (personal) with your (corporate).

jg21

Sports Illustrated, Hockey News, Consumer Reports, Trains, Model Railroader, Civil War Times, Guitar World, Premier Guitar, Natl. Geographic

Holy Crap....Way too many.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I LOVE magazines. But I also work in print and design and specifially studied magazine design in college. I get several. I used to rip pages out that I wanted to save and keep them organized and filed away for another day. But now I rip them out as a reminder to pin this recipe on pinterest or look for something similar only :lol: best of both worlds, I guess. I'm aware that's backwards.

Southern Living
Better Homes and Gardens
Country Living
House Beautiful
Food Network
Family Circle
Williams & Sonoma
Magnolia

I know I'm missing one or two...

I get my husband rotor drones magazine to keep in the bathroom.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I've subscribed to many magazines over the years.

Right now, Garden & Guns and Food Network Magazine.

Did You Know? If you have a county library card, you have access to all the magazines the library subscribes to, FREE!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My American Rifleman, G&A and Astronomy mags all became digital reads.

I do have a stack of old ones that need a new home if anyone is looking. :lmao: