To help those poor horses.

Rottncop and i will be there!

Attachments

• Benefit Trail Ride10-15.jpg
    Benefit Trail Ride10-15.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 144

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Todays ride for those rescued horses had a SUPER turnout!! 85 riders registered, and it was amazing! With that many riders, you'd think there would be some issues somewhere along the trail, with so many horses, but there were none (that i know of) because we only happend upon maybe a dozen or so riders! It was a glorious day, and for a glorious cause. No bugs!!! And our 2 year old's very first trail ride with other folks ever was incredible. Oakridge is a great place to take youngsters to introduce them to the wonders of trails, some bridges, some water, lots of wide trails, and I only bumped my knee a few times :lol: I'll learn to steer at some point.

Thanks to ALL who turned out to help the horses, and to ride today. :biggrin:

Horselady that pal gelding and B/W walker are beautiful!! And super sweet too! Great trail horses!

Last edited:

Wisecrackin"

I saw a girl fall off at a stream crossing when the horse jumped...then the second girl got off and I said I dont think I would do that he will step on you..sure enough the girl jumps the stream..pulls the horse..falls on the other side and the horse stepped on her..

Mine negotiated it fine..all the hours of water work has paid off...they were great..

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
That's a training issue (training for the girl that is), not a ride issue. the ride was still great...and a terrific turnout for the horses in need.

Who did you ride?

was the girl OK? did she get back on? the best of us fall of or have our horses fall onto us. good grief the stories i tell.... :dead:

Last edited:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Yup! It was a perfect day! I agree with ya appy, the trails were great and any trouble crossing the creek was on the part of the horses. Getting off and pulling one across while you're on the ground is the worst thing to do. Chase had one plant a foot on his back when he got stuck in the mud and couldn't move out of its way when the horse decided to jump over the creek on top of him. After that he learned his lesson and either stayed in the saddle and rode the ones with trouble across or used the horse he rode today and dallied them across! You know what that sorrel and white paint will be doing behind our house this week - going across the creek 5000 times. That was his first real trail ride with his new owner and she was a little apprehensive taking him across the creeks. He did really well until we hit that challenge! We were still laughing talking about the mare who watched the whole procedure just jump over after him like "Alright, save yourself the trouble, I'm going already!" The palomino really was a champ - didn't mind leading the whole way - I don't think anyone had any trouble except for the creek. We had three green riders and four green horses and had a blast!

It was nice to see such a great turnout for such a good cause!!!! Although I feel the former owner should still be held accountable for his neglect and be made to pay for the recovery of the horses. He should not be let off the hook - at the very least financially!

Wisecrackin"

Was that the sorrel and white overo I saw that mashed the girls leg? Honestly if so it was more a rider issue then the horse..she was hitting him to cross but not telling him where to go...if he had listened to her and gone he would have had to jump the thing and end up on a 4 foot cliff...she (the girl) was sure not using her head to negotiate the obsticle..

If I had not been on the stud I would have gotten off and helped her...sorry Vence is not good at ponying either.. :lmao: Maybe a piggyback push but thats about it...

there was one part that was more narrow then a deer crossing and went downhill to the stream it was down that hill I decided to put my coat on..and then could not get my hands threw...was like a cripple with no hands trying to get threw 12" of mud and up the other side.. :lmao:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
No, that girl that got stepped on wasn't in our group. We got a late start - ya know how the best laid plans go - but yes, you are asking for trouble leading them across something scary. I've even seen horses balking at loading on a trailer decide to leap over a ramp and get on thattaway right quick! Can be such a surprise! especially for the poor soul in the trailer trying to coax them on!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Great ride for a great cause. And such a beautiful day to ride. The pictures that the SPCA had of the horses broke my heart. But at least they are in a good place now.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Wisecrackin" said:
Was that the sorrel and white overo I saw that mashed the girls leg? Honestly if so it was more a rider issue then the horse..she was hitting him to cross but not telling him where to go...if he had listened to her and gone he would have had to jump the thing and end up on a 4 foot cliff...she (the girl) was sure not using her head to negotiate the obsticle..

If I had not been on the stud I would have gotten off and helped her...sorry Vence is not good at ponying either.. :lmao: Maybe a piggyback push but thats about it...

there was one part that was more narrow then a deer crossing and went downhill to the stream it was down that hill I decided to put my coat on..and then could not get my hands threw...was like a cripple with no hands trying to get threw 12" of mud and up the other side.. :lmao:
OMG!
Ding Ding :bonk:
WHAT were you thinkin'???

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HorseLady said:
No, that girl that got stepped on wasn't in our group. We got a late start - ya know how the best laid plans go - but yes, you are asking for trouble leading them across something scary. I've even seen horses balking at loading on a trailer decide to leap over a ramp and get on thattaway right quick! Can be such a surprise! especially for the poor soul in the trailer trying to coax them on!
Chase did an incredible job!!
I was impressed.
Even he learned something about gear on a trail ride :lol: glad the rope halter/long line came in handy. If Rottncop could fit the camper sink in his saddle bag he would :lol:

At one point while i saw some folks trying to get a filly onto a trailer, there were 2 of em shoving her from directly behind her :bonk: never in a million years would I do THAT, she struck out real quick-like and by the grace of God missed them both. :faint: