Mail delivery in bad weather

MyTwoCents

We are new to the area so I wanted to inquire as to whether the mail gets delivered in Prince Frederick on snowy days. We were expecting a package and got a notification that said it was at the post office yesterday (1/7) and would be delivered with our regular mail on Saturday (1/7) but we never received any mail or the package yesterday.
Our mail usually comes about 3:30pm and our road was plowed before then and our mailbox is on the street so no walking to the house.
Is that normal for Prince Frederick to not deliver mail in snow?

Did others in Prince Frederick receive their mail yesterday (Saturday, 1/7)?

Just trying to get to know the area and know what to expect. Really needed that package and can't even get it today.

Thank you.

obxtracey

I live in La Plata and there was no mail service during the snow on Saturday. Our mail, along with a package I was expecting, was delivered today!

RPMDAD

No mail delivery in Huntingtown yestrday, i was shocked when they delivered mail today. you go USPS

DEEKAYPEE8569

Something I've learned.....
After any substantial snowfall, make sure your mailbox is accessible; if nothing else. Then, it depends on whether or not your post office is open and making deliveries.
I remember one snowfall we had; I was outside clearing a driveway and I heard the driver say, "Well, they ain't gettin' any mail; can't get to the d*mn mailbox!"

Restitution

No mail on Saturday.....

I guess that whole "Nor rain, sleet, snow, or hail will keep us from delivering the mail" does not apply to SOMD???

No mail on Saturday.....

I guess that whole "Nor rain, sleet, snow, or hail will keep us from delivering the mail" does not apply to SOMD???

They did deliver on Sat, just not everywhere.
If you're going to use quotes, at least quote it properly.
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Restitution

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds..... just not everywhere"

If you are going to use quotes.... at least make it the TRUTH! :lmao:

Clem72

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Except that quote isn't official, and wasn't even true when Herodotus wrote is 2500 years ago.

Toxick

Splat
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of

:lmao: :roflmao: :lol: :killingme :lmao:
I can't even finish...

BernieP

Resident PIA
Except that quote isn't official, and wasn't even true when Herodotus wrote is 2500 years ago.

and now for the rest of the story, it was put on the New York Central Post Office building by the architect.

People seem to forget that all the routes here at least are motor routes AND the employees have to get to the post office before they can deliver.
If you don't think it's safe enough to send your children to school, I don't understand why people think it's not a problem for others to be out and about in bad weather.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Personally, I'd like my mail nice and safe and warm and dry in the post office building, as opposed to sitting in the road side mailbox, an easy target for a snowplow or slip-sliding vehicle. I really don't want to go chasing my mail down the middle of Three Notch Road.

I feel the same about delivery during hurricanes.