Mail delivery in bad weather

Personally, I'd like my mail nice and safe and warm and dry in the post office building, as opposed to sitting in the road side mailbox, an easy target for a snowplow or slip-sliding vehicle. I really don't want to go chasing my mail down the middle of Three Notch Road.

I feel the same about delivery during hurricanes.
You speak as tho you had some inside information or something...... :eyebrow:

Toxick

Splat
I'm impressed. You can use Wikipedia too!

:lol:

This is three times in as many days that I've seen someone called out for checking sources and doing research (yes wikipedia is a source and looking it up there is research) before opening their mouths and possibly spewing misinformed or flat-out wrong stuff.

Did verifying information suddenly become a frowned-upon activity when I wasn't looking?

This is three times in as many days that I've seen someone called out for checking sources and doing research (yes wikipedia is a source and looking it up there is research) before opening their mouths and possibly spewing misinformed or flat-out wrong stuff.

Did verifying information suddenly become a frowned-upon activity when I wasn't looking?

That wasn't the point I was hitting him for. It was posted as tho he implicitly knew what he was posting without having to look it up, no source quotes. If you need to research it before posting to verify your info, that's fine, but give credit where credit is due. In my case, I did know the quote and wrote it from memory, but did a Google double-check before posting so I knew where he got the obscure Greek reference.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Wikipedia as a source is debatable. Wikipedia is starting to check postings, but that doesn't mean bad posting don't get through.
Honestly, if you had to cite the source, I'm not sure who would accept Wikipedia

anyone know the guidelines when the snow emergency is in effect if it affects mail delivery?

:smack: Have you learned nothing here? The 'Mailman's Creed' has been posted here, dictates exactly when and what they will do, contrary to the fact that it's not really an official federal statement, but nonetheless inscribed on a NYC post office for all to see, and ignored when appropriate.

Got it? :tap:

Clem72

That wasn't the point I was hitting him for. It was posted as tho he implicitly knew what he was posting without having to look it up, no source quotes. If you need to research it before posting to verify your info, that's fine, but give credit where credit is due. In my case, I did know the quote and wrote it from memory, but did a Google double-check before posting so I knew where he got the obscure Greek reference.

I don't dispute that I looked it up because I didn't remember the source (but knew it wasn't an official USPS motto), but how in the #### is what I said not attributed? I didn't even provide the quote, you did. I literally ONLY provided the attribution. That's some twisted ass logic to think the actual quote doesn't need an attribution, but the person providing the attribution needs to attribute where they found it.

If you write "To err is human, to forgive divine", and attribute it to Donald Duck (or not at all as you did) and I come back and say "nope, that was Alexander Pope", I don't need to tell you I looked that up on Wikipedia, or the dictionary, or asked your fu¢king mom.

Last edited:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
You speak as tho you had some inside information or something...... :eyebrow:

hahahaha Just my opinion as a customer.....

Inside info - three mail trucks pulled out of ditches at $395 each. Sounds like delivering was a poor business decision.

Last edited: