Mailman's Plea Goes Viral.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"Mathew Flores is a typical 12-year-old boy. He love LEGOs, and he also loves to read. "I just usually read the newspapers," he said.

Mathew can also get lost in what most of us consider junk mail. That's what he was doing when Ron Lynch saw him last week as he delivered mail for the Sandy Post Office in Utah.

"A young man was standing here reading junk mail," he said. "Asked me if I had any extra." Lynch found out Mathew reads newspapers because he doesn't have any books. "I asked him about going to the library, and he said he couldn't afford the bus pass," Lynch said.

Mathew's situation tugged at Lynch's heartstrings. "You know, I started reading at a very, very early age," he said. "My mother instilled reading books in me...at 12 years old, he didn't want electronics. He didn't want to sit in front of the TV playing games all day. This kid just wanted to read."

So Lynch posted a picture of Mathew on Facebook, asking his friends to send the boy some books.

"Facebook friends... This is Matthew Flores. Today while delivering mail to his apartment complex, I saw him reading ads, and then he asked me if I had any extra mail he could read. He told me his wish is to have books to read. I told him the library had many, but he said they don't have a car, and couldn't afford the bus. So... let's get this 12 year old some books! Let's help him. I was given many books as a child, and it's time to help someone else! Please share and let's get him tons of reading material! Most kids his age want electronics! It's great to see his desire, and you should have seen him beam when I said I could help! He's counting on me, so I'm counting on you!"