Amazon News and Actions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Workers at Amazon sites across the world, including in the United States, Germany and France, were urged to strike on Black Friday, targeting the online retailer on one of the busiest shopping days of the year with calls for better pay.

The Make Amazon Pay initiative, which made the call for strikes, said industrial action was planned in more than 30 countries.

Germany's Verdi union said work stoppages were planned at 10 fulfilment centres in that country.

It demanded the company recognise collective bargaining agreements for the retail and mail order trade sector and called for a further collective agreement on good working conditions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Business owners making b/millions while the workers are struggling to feed their family is one of the things the Democrat Party used to rail against. Now that IS the Democrat Party.

The CEO of the corporation I work for pulls down $7M a year and there are hundreds of people in the upper echelon including a Director of Inclusion and Diversity who makes over half a mil a year, and my manager just got the memo that we need to cut down on toilet paper usage.

But they all have their pronouns in their email sigs, so it's okay.

I want to be clear that I'm not griping about my personal compensation, so don't start. I feel like I got a good deal out of them, but it would be nice to have less pronouns and more toilet paper.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Business owners making b/millions while the workers are struggling to feed their family is one of the things the Democrat Party used to rail against. Now that IS the Democrat Party.

The CEO of the corporation I work for pulls down $7M a year and there are hundreds of people in the upper echelon including a Director of Inclusion and Diversity who makes over half a mil a year, and my manager just got the memo that we need to cut down on toilet paper usage.

I want to be clear that I'm not griping about my personal compensation, so don't start. I feel like I got a good deal out of them, but it would be nice to have less pronouns and more toilet paper.
You will go back to using corn cobs and like it.

rio

If Amazon would spend some money on training their drivers I would be thrilled. This time one got in stuck in the front yard because he doesn't know how to drive. Luckily for him my husband came home right as it happened and could pull him out. Not so lucky for him was that husband was in a foul mood already and let him have it for being such an idiot and tearing up our yard.
I very, very rarely order from them and wish my daughter would stop.

PeoplesElbow

Lol stop wiping your butt so much!

The government does this bullshit. A few years ago they decided they used too much energy so they told us to turn the AC off, turn the lights out and no personal desk fans were allowed. They have a light up welcome sign at a gate that is closed for approximately 2/3 of the time that was stuck and riding my bike of a Saturday I found it was still light up even when the gate was closed. I did a rough calculation on how much energy was wasted since it became stuck on one date and time three months earlier and published it vs how many personal desk fans could be operated for 8 hours per day every day. It was the equivalent of close to 1800 desk fans. The next day the sign was turned off.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lol stop wiping your butt so much!

The government does this bullshit. A few years ago they decided they used too much energy so they told us to turn the AC off, turn the lights out and no personal desk fans were allowed. They have a light up welcome sign at a gate that is closed for approximately 2/3 of the time that was stuck and riding my bike of a Saturday I found it was still light up even when the gate was closed. I did a rough calculation on how much energy was wasted since it became stuck on one date and time three months earlier and published it vs how many personal desk fans could be operated for 8 hours per day every day. It was the equivalent of close to 1800 desk fans. The next day the sign was turned off.

If they'd stop sending billions to Ukraine you could blast the AC all you want.

Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

For your consideration ...

You will go back to using corn cobs and like it.
Upper echelon hillbilly neighbors.
1669441749326.png

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If Amazon would spend some money on training their drivers I would be thrilled. This time one got in stuck in the front yard because he doesn't know how to drive. Luckily for him my husband came home right as it happened and could pull him out. Not so lucky for him was that husband was in a foul mood already and let him have it for being such an idiot and tearing up our yard.
I very, very rarely order from them and wish my daughter would stop.
I cancelled my Amazon account a few years back when my account was hacked from within Amazon by an employee.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Amazon faces $280 million suit for ending deal with tech supplier

Gilimex produces fabric pod arrays, a storage structure industrial robots often use to allow for more efficient packaging and shipping to customers, according to the New York Post. The firm is seeking $280 million from Amazon after it ended their contract in May and has alleged "negligent misrepresentation, unfair trade practices, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty."

The firm was unable to convince Amazon to keep the contract in place for even a temporary period while Gilimex could refocus its operations, according to the outlet. Though Gilimex executives reportedly travelled personally to Amazon Robotic's headquarters, they were not allowed to even enter the building, they claim.

The company alleges that Amazon had encouraged it to produce an ever-increasing volume of FPAs during the COVID-19 pandemic, but broke off their agreement after Gilimex had invested considerably in expanding its capacity to make more. They further claim that Amazon had promised them sufficient advance notice prior to any termination, which they say they did not receive.