Make Waldorf great again!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Get ready for a one party political system. Opposition will be declared "terrorist threat". It will give the Democrat party the ability to spy on and take into custody anyone linked to Donald Trump (and that would include any Republican that stands against the Democrats).

Two years ago someone suggested that racism was a "public health" crisis. Now Gretchen Wittmer has made that official, as the governor of Michigan she has declared "Racism" a Public Health crisis. She aims to use the same "laws" that gave her dictatorial power with covid-19, on a more permanent basis.

You don't think all this talk about white supremacists being a greater threat than radical Islam is just noise from a feeble mind.
It's a set up. It's a mantra and say it long enough and loud enough, it becomes the truth. Without evidence.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You don't think all this talk about white supremacists being a greater threat than radical Islam is just noise from a feeble mind.
It's a set up. It's a mantra and say it long enough and loud enough, it becomes the truth. Without evidence.

I watch a lot of bum fight videos. Just google chuck e cheeze fight. Those videos have a common theme. And it's neither white supremists nor islamic fanatics. Just some low impulse control, high testosterone level individuals that were disrespected. Not wanting to paint with too broad a brush, I get that not every one from that group engages in those type of shenanigans. But just like when you hear Florida Man, you know it's going to be something outrageous. Most times you hear 9 shot at kid's birthday party or late night drive by shooting at outdoor concert, you already have a good idea of who is involved in the law breaking.

And somehow just pointing that out, somehow makes the astute observer a bigot. You can rename every school in the US after barry obama or george floyd. Not a damn thing will change until you address the issues that make 15 year old urban youth think settling a beef using a gun is somehow justifiable. But our politicians will name a street black lives matter plaza and that magically fixes everything.

limblips

PREMO Member
Not a damn thing will change until you address the issues that make 15 year old urban youth think settling a beef using a gun is somehow justifiable. But our politicians will name a street black lives matter plaza and that magically fixes everything.
More gun laws will help! I hate the need to do this but :sarcasm:.

gemma_rae

Did anyone notice the article is dated February 25th? Whatever the DCist is supposed to be, they sure are lacking in their distribution department.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

That train has left the station, the tracks removed, and platform demolished. That ship has sailed with full sails tacking into a strong headwind never to return. That can of worms has been opened, the lid lost in a boating accident. Any greatness Waldorf had was lost over 30 years ago.
I moved here 20 years ago, not long after Hillary Duff said it was ghetto, it was ghetto.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I moved here 20 years ago, not long after Hillary Duff said it was ghetto, it was ghetto.
I'm with you, only about a 25 year "history" with the area. But what I do recall from reading is that Waldorf was a hot spot, one might call it a den of inequity. Known for gambling and such. Before the state to over the business.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
When I was a kid, twice a year we went to Sears in Waldorf for shoes and clothes. Then to the WigWam for bakery goods.

Early 80s used to love going to the Chesapeake Seafood House for the all-you-can-eat. I'll never forget the waitress asking my father if he wanted a slice of bread with his softcrabs. He told her it depended on if she wanted him to eat a dozen or 4 dozen. Confused that poor girl.

PeoplesElbow

When I was a kid, twice a year we went to Sears in Waldorf for shoes and clothes. Then to the WigWam for bakery goods.

Early 80s used to love going to the Chesapeake Seafood House for the all-you-can-eat. I'll never forget the waitress asking my father if he wanted a slice of bread with his softcrabs. He told her it depended on if she wanted him to eat a dozen or 4 dozen. Confused that poor girl.
My neighbor told me the wigwam use to be a titty bar before it was a bakery, that true?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They might be thinking of the one on the other side of 301, been awhile but I think it was Choo Choo's or something like that.
There was Reb's..and there was Choo Choo's . I never spent a lot of time and money at either one.. :buddies:

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

They might be thinking of the one on the other side of 301, been awhile but I think it was Choo Choo's or something like that.
The Wigwam was a restaurant and cocktail lounge back in the day, then the Walls bought the building and opened a bakery. The topless, (and very skimpy bottoms), bar was just a bit further north, past the bowling alley, on the south side of 301. That place was called Reb's Fireplace Bar & Grill. Though I never saw a fireplace nor a grill in there. Right next to it, (at the other end of same long building), was Ted's Seafood. Ted had two huge steam kettles in the front of the store next to the customer counter and would stream you a bushel of crabs, right there on the spot, seasoned to your liking. You could watch and make sure that every crab was alive before going into the kettle if you wished.

Choo Choos's, the other, (less quality and smaller space), topless bar, was next to the Pizza Hut, the Hut was in front of the Roller Skating Rink, at the intersection of Post Office Rd and Rt 5.

EDIT: A good, properly ran, topless bar in Waldorf, would make Waldorf great again.