Makes you wonder.... (paging mAlice!)

Hijinx

And I made it to page 9 before I put burnthings on ignore. I think the final straw was his projection about his own child rape fantasies (hopefully no more than that) onto the President.
LMAO He didn't get far with me either, I figure it is someone I already had on ignore anyway.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Where is Burnthings? Nevermind. I realized he has gone to his place, as in, been put. Poor little baby.

It is not a good idea to mess with conservative, and military peeps on this forum. SoMD is mostly those type of people. One of the reasons gerrymandering was enacted in the wonderful state of MD. :patriot:

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
What remains to be seen is any possible fallout regarding Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta who was a US attorney in Florida and gave Epstein a sweet deal. 13 month jail term but he got to leave every day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-labor-sec-alexander-acosta-helped-epstein-plea-deal-2019-7

Looks this has been answered.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta is resigning following criticism of his handling of a plea deal with a wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein, who is accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls.

President Donald Trump announced the news Friday with Acosta by his side at the White House as Trump left on a trip to the Midwest.

https://wtop.com/national/2019/07/labor-secretary-acosta-resigns-amid-epstein-deal-scrutiny/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

On some level I have sympathy for Acosta. I have no doubt he was told to make that deal; he didn't do it of his own volition. But anyone who takes money and sells their humanity, **** them.

The problem is that when the big guys come after you and tell you to do something sketchy or be destroyed, you really have no choice. I suppose you can go with "be destroyed" but when you have a family to feed that's a tough decision to make. Even if he went public, the news media would hush it up and never let us know - we see this all the time.

There is almost no person in Washington who isn't compromised legally, morally, and ethically. That's why Trump's cabinet changes weekly. Previous Presidents kept their shitbags - Hi Eric Holder! - and the media covered for them. This President has no problem jettisoning his shitbags.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There is almost no person in Washington who isn't compromised legally, morally, and ethically. That's why Trump's cabinet changes weekly. Previous Presidents kept their shitbags - Hi Eric Holder! - and the media covered for them. This President has no problem jettisoning his shitbags.

Oh this oughta be good. 🍿

awpitt

Main Streeter
On some level I have sympathy for Acosta. I have no doubt he was told to make that deal; he didn't do it of his own volition. But anyone who takes money and sells their humanity, **** them.

The problem is that when the big guys come after you and tell you to do something sketchy or be destroyed, you really have no choice. I suppose you can go with "be destroyed" but when you have a family to feed that's a tough decision to make. Even if he went public, the news media would hush it up and never let us know - we see this all the time.

Looking at the plea deal Acosta made, it seems like it was all he could get based on the evidence they had at the time. I do think it could've been handled better. Especially the part where Epstein was allowed to leave the jail six days a week.

Midnightrider

only a trumper could make hiring and then firing Acosta from a cabinet position a good thing.

This_person

I emotionally had some sympathy for Acosta, but logically he served at the pleasure of the president, and knew that going in, so his time was never promised in any way to be to stay.

Having a family to feed is not going to end when you're appointed attorney with that kind of rank. You simply say no to the deal and resign, because you'll have a lot of job offers very quickly. He either knew what he was doing very well, or (even if he was ordered) he went along with the deal.

What actually happened we don't know, but it very much deserves investigation. His resignation (note, it was announced by the president, not by him - I bet he found out he resigned either at that moment or VERY shortly beforehand) is a good thing for the country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Having a family to feed is not going to end when you're appointed attorney with that kind of rank. You simply say no to the deal and resign, because you'll have a lot of job offers very quickly.

Not true. These mucky muck types all run together and when you piss one off they all blackball you. Had he refused, he'd be lucky to get a job slinging burgers at Mickey D's.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Thanks for the post.

My beef with Acosta is two-fold. First, the "issue du jour" (Epstein and how the case was handled). Too many questions as to why the case proceeded as it did.

But more importantly, his being Secretary of Labor. I am on the side that he was doing Trump no favors (quite the foot dragger) and if there has been any decision I've disagreed with Trump on it was this cabinet position decision. Trump seemed to be really sweet on him and it's hard to figure out why (I have some ideas, but not entertaining conspiracy theories, though).

So glad he's gone, but not because of Epstein; rather, because I had hoped for a more conservatively-oriented Labor Secretary.

--- End of line (MCP)

This_person

only a trumper could make hiring and then firing Acosta from a cabinet position a good thing.
Or, an honest and intelligent, unbiased person.

You, of course, are neither a Trumper nor an honest and intelligent unbiased person, so you can't find the good in it.

Would you be happier if he stayed? No, your answer would be that he never should have been hired in the first place. That may or may not be true, but we have a process whereby people are not solely responsible for decisions like that. The president nominates someone for such an appointment, and the Senate confirms them. Several ranking democrats vote to confirm him, just like most republicans.

And, it's not like this was not a known issue at the time:

So, your attempt at trolling was a failure. MidnightSpanker, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it.

Sapidus

I repeat it because you have no more evidence for Trump than Clinton, and your inability to recognize that demonstrates your lack of consistency and bias.

Unlike you, I do not see things that are not there.
He made a joke.
Never happened - he said Epstein likes younger women, just like Trump does.

I have never discussed in public twice my pedophile friends interest in underage girls be it a joke or not.

If you want to defend that behavior and then in the same sentence condemn someone for flying on the same plane as a pedophile or going to visit his island then you are a hypocrite.

This_person

I have never discussed in public twice my pedophile friends interest in underage girls be it a joke or not.

Nor did Trump. (A) Epstein was not referred to as a "friend", and (B) the women were referred to as women, not underage girls - except in a joke, where any reasonable human being could see it was a joke and the underlying premise was it was women who appeared young.

If you want to defend that behavior and then in the same sentence condemn someone for flying on the same plane as a pedophile or going to visit his island then you are a hypocrite.

(A) I've never defended the behavior you described, as it never occurred.
(B) If you can say a joke is proof of knowledge of pedophile activity, but going to the actual island where the alleged underage sex slaves were repeatedly raped is not a concern, then you are worse than a hypocrite.

So, what is it - are you worse than a hypocrite, or do you condemn Clinton as well?

Sapidus

Nor did Trump. (A) Epstein was not referred to as a "friend", and (B) the women were referred to as women, not underage girls - except in a joke, where any reasonable human being could see it was a joke and the underlying premise was it was women who appeared young.

(A) I've never defended the behavior you described, as it never occurred.
(B) If you can say a joke is proof of knowledge of pedophile activity, but going to the actual island where the alleged underage sex slaves were repeatedly raped is not a concern, then you are worse than a hypocrite.

So, what is it - are you worse than a hypocrite, or do you condemn Clinton as well?

You should really just give up.

How many of Trump's remarks will you eventually excuse as jokes or locker room talk ? How much longer will you continue to debase yourself to excuse behavior that is unbecoming of a president much less an average citizen?

How low will you allow Trump to drag you?

Why do you continue to go to bat for a terrible human being?.

You yourself along with many others on here have stated you knew the type of man Trump was and you voted for him anyway.

It's apparent he was aware that his friend was a pedophile and he didnt care or do anything about it until it threatened him.

You have no evidence whatsoever of Clinton having doing anything other than fly on a plane and visit and island something millions of people do daily.

If you want to compare Trumps statement to a comedians then you must also compare Clinton flying on a plane and visiting an island to that of an everyday tourist

Otherwise you are a HYPOCRITE

Midnightrider

I epsteins plane a bunch of times means that he raped a bunch of girls, doesn't trump riding on the same plane less times mean the same things, just less often?