Makeup Suggestions

teddy6692

Hi Everyone

Never posted before but I need some opinions/suggestions on some make up products and thought this would be a good place to turn.

I am only looking for reasonably priced drug store/Wal-Mart type stuff.

First I need something conceal bags under my eyes (as much as they can be anyway)...I don't have dark circles or anything like that just some puffiness under my eyes...I am guessing some type of concealer? But not sure what would work best.

And then does anyone know of a really good make up to cover tattoos??? I don't have the first clue and would love to hear from someone that has experience with this type of stuff...

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Model tip for puffy eyes: Preparation H. Really, google it.

Plus I've tried it and it works.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
With continued use, the petroleum in PH can get absorbed in your skin, leaving under eye pockets of gunk. True story.

Ideally you just get enough sleep, watch your sodium, and keep alcohol consumption to a minimum. Then use the PH for those times when you forgot to take care of yourself.

But now you have me thinking about gobs of vaseline blobbed in my undereye skin. Thanks for that.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Makeup doesn't work for me, sorry I have no answer. When Merle Norman invited me for a free makeover after being a customer of theirs for years. It ended up being an intervention. :blushing: I took the hint.

:coffee:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
But now you have me thinking about gobs of vaseline blobbed in my undereye skin. Thanks for that.
ANYTHING with petroleum should be avoided.

I have become a freak when it comes to finding the most natural, safe products to use on my skin. If I'm going to age, I want to make sure I age slowly. And nothing will age you faster than putting junk on your face.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ANYTHING with petroleum should be avoided.

I have become a freak when it comes to finding the most natural, safe products to use on my skin. If I'm going to age, I want to make sure I age slowly. And nothing will age you faster than putting junk on your face.

I moisturize with olive oil, vitamin E, and rose water mixed in a little pump bottle. Most of my skin care products are edible.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Hi Everyone

Never posted before but I need some opinions/suggestions on some make up products and thought this would be a good place to turn.

I am only looking for reasonably priced drug store/Wal-Mart type stuff.

First I need something conceal bags under my eyes (as much as they can be anyway)...I don't have dark circles or anything like that just some puffiness under my eyes...I am guessing some type of concealer? But not sure what would work best.

And then does anyone know of a really good make up to cover tattoos??? I don't have the first clue and would love to hear from someone that has experience with this type of stuff...

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Usually I'm all about convenence and hassle-free, but I finally caved and decided to head to Sephora in Annapolis for some help. Drugstore makeup just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I knew I at least needed to find a reasonably priced concealer and foundation so when I talked to a consultant, that's what we focused on. I'll always buy covergirl mascara and eyeliner but buying better quality concealer and foundation made a HUGE difference. I found the brand "NARS" to work best for me. My eyes get just a little bit of both: puffiness AND darker circles. NARS took care of those. Since I was there, I found the perfect skin tone match so now I know what colors I need and can always order online with coupons from here on out. The foundation was also fairly large in size and since you need so little each time, looks like it should last we almost a year! Well worth it.

Also, Sephora has several tattoo coverup options. I can't remember brands, but I'd suggest looking at those in person so you can test the products. I want to say Kat VonDee (sp?) has a makeup line that includes some tattoo coverup. Her normal makeup is extremely heavy though.

teddy6692

Thank you everyone for your advice so far, I don't drink, don't really pay attention to sodium so I guess that could be part of my problem but I think most of it is the most obvious reason, lack of sleep. And I know that I will have to break down eventually and start buying nicer products like what they sell at Sephora (trust me if I could afford it right this minute I would be all about it!) but for now I was just hoping I could find someone that knew of something in the drug stores that will help until I can get my budget back on track and be able to afford the nicer products.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Try an undereye product with caffiene. It may help reduce fluid under the eye. They have roller-ball based products at the drugstore. toss one in the fridge and roll it on when you get up. that may help your regular makeup cover better.

I have more of a dark circle problem and nothing has ever really helped it other than a bare mineral product called wide awake i think..i havent been able to find it in a while. that stuff was awesome

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bliss makes an eye gel called Baggage Handler that is expensive, but a little goes a long way and it works really well to de-puff.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
After years of suggestions to try fancy expensive makeup, fancy expensive beauty products, fancy expensive whatever, which I did, I've discovered going old-school with Neutrogena has been the best for me, my skin and my wallet, and it's usually available in drugstores, and coupons are available on their website. I would have never ever thought that, but their products have made me very happy.

Neutrogena 3-in-1 concealer for eyes will help you out with the puffy lack of sleep eyes.

I don't have any tattoos I need to hide, but I've heard that Tattoo Camo works really well. I believe you need the concealer, smudge spray and powder and it isn't too pricey, but I think you can only order it online.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How much of each do you mix? Where do you buy rose water?

I got the rose water on Amazon. In my 2oz pump I fill it 1/2 with olive oil, then a small blop of vitamin E (maybe 1/8 tsp), a large pinch of vitamin C powder, and fill the rest of the way with rose water.

My toner is in a 4oz mister: 1/2 witch hazel, a small blop of vitamin E, fill with rose water.

PJay

I got the rose water on Amazon. In my 2oz pump I fill it 1/2 with olive oil, then a small blop of vitamin E (maybe 1/8 tsp), a large pinch of vitamin C powder, and fill the rest of the way with rose water.

My toner is in a 4oz mister: 1/2 witch hazel, a small blop of vitamin E, fill with rose water.

Thank you, vrai.