Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 crashed in Indian Ocean

DeeCee

A horse of course!
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/24/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140324

(Reuters) - Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which disappeared over two weeks ago en route to Beijing, crashed thousands of miles away in the southern Indian Ocean, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said on Monday, citing new satellite data.

All 239 people on board were presumed dead, airline officials said.

Analysis of satellite information from British company Inmarsat had shown that the Boeing 777's last position was in the Indian Ocean west of Perth, Australia, Najib said in a statement.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites," he said. "It is therefore, with deep sadness and regret, that I must inform you that, according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

He added that the families of the passengers and crew had been informed.

"For them, the past few weeks have been heart-breaking. I know this news must be harder still," he said.

Relatives of those on board received the news in a Malaysia Airlines SMS message which said: "We have to assume beyond all reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and none of those on board survived."

Hank

my war
Exactly what I have been saying the whole time while people were rockin' their tinfoil hats...

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
The sad thing is that it took 2 weeks for them to officially announce this.
It seems to me that they would've looked at the satellite data first when the search started rather than this long drawn out expansion of searching.

Bass-Ackwards if you ask me. :shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The sad thing is that it took 2 weeks for them to officially announce this.
It seems to me that they would've looked at the satellite data first when the search started rather than this long drawn out expansion of searching.

Bass-Ackwards if you ask me. :shrug:

Inmarsat is a privately owned company providing satellite data links.