Mallows Bay Shipwrecks

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Did you go there?

It has been discussed on the forums before.

One of the neatest places in So. MD; wish I could go back. One of my friends rides his bike on 224, which would be a soothing ride.

No, I haven't been there, saw an article in "Southern Maryland Living" and it got my curiosity up... so I googled for more info! I never knew it existed.. pretty cool!

rickl5296

Aerial View

Don't know how old this is, but I pulled it up on Google Earth. If you are into fossils, this is a supurb area to find shark teeth. Great bass fishing too.

Attachments

• Mallows.jpg
    Mallows.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Thanks..

Don't know how old this is, but I pulled it up on Google Earth. If you are into fossils, this is a supurb area to find shark teeth. Great bass fishing too.

Fossils not so much... But you read my mind with the bass fishing.. Thats exactly what i was thinking.. Sunkboat= bass house.. LOL

:dye:

RatchetJaw

Speaking of Mallows Bay... Back in my bass fishing days (before all the stupid bass tournaments drove all of us locals away) Mallows Bay has to be the most beautiful spot in the entire river. When the grasses have grown to reach the surface of the water, the water is so crystal clear you can see the fish at about 15 feet, the water is clear to the bottom you can see the gravel spawning beds, you can spend the entire day there just watching fish swim by in schools, it's an excellent place just to visit.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
That's funny this came back up. I was just googling it the other day. It has some interesting history. My friend lives right next to it. Unfortunatly the dirt road to get close to it is gated he thinks by DNR? He gets to it by walking through nieghbors backyard.

I'd love to canoe and fish in there. I think it should be opened up a State Park, make it part of Purse State Park.

spinner

I called Charles County last week and the boat ramp at Mallows Bay will be open in 2010, hopefully in the spring. They were working on it last week. I did notice on the Calvert Marine Museum's kayak/canoe website they have a trip listed there for the fall, I know they went last year also. It's really a place I want to go but don't know where to put in.

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
I called Charles County last week and the boat ramp at Mallows Bay will be open in 2010, hopefully in the spring. They were working on it last week. I did notice on the Calvert Marine Museum's kayak/canoe website they have a trip listed there for the fall, I know they went last year also. It's really a place I want to go but don't know where to put in.

They say you can put in on the virgina side at the marine base.. I bet our pax stickers and id's would get us on that base with out to much fuss..