Man arrested for breaking window to rescue dog from hot car

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/weird/2015/05/12/man-saves-dog-but-gets-arrested-anyway/27161917/

ATHENS, GA (WXIA) – A man saves a dog from a hot Mustang but was arrested because of how he did it. The move landed Michael Hammons behind bars.

"I heard someone say there was a dog in distress in a hot car," he said.

Without thinking, the Desert Storm veteran jumped into action. Diane Byard says she and a group of shoppers noticed the dog in the car and were waiting on police before Hammons came.

"He says we can't let this dog die, and he starts smashing the windows.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PTSD?

"I've got PTSD, and I've seen enough death and destruction," Hammons said. "And I didn't want anything else to happen if I could prevent it."

I think all these nuts who want to start busting peoples' cars up should be jailed or sent to a psych hospital.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Weren't you there first with the little smart arse signs as the tanks rolled off the ships? :eyebrow:

I'm a desert storm vet; I got PTSD tipping strippers by the sub base in Groton Ct. during those first terrifying days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At first I thought it said he grabbed his wife's artificial leg to bust out the windows, and that had the potential to be a great story. Then I realized that it was just her wheelchair leg and went :yawn:.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm a desert storm vet; I got PTSD tipping strippers by the sub base in Groton Ct. during those first terrifying days.
Yes. That'll do it.

At first I thought it said he grabbed his wife's artificial leg to bust out the windows, and that had the potential to be a great story. Then I realized that it was just her wheelchair leg and went :yawn:.

:lmao: I had to re-read that line as well.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
PTSD?

I think all these nuts who want to start busting peoples' cars up should be jailed or sent to a psych hospital.

So I'm confused...did he just see the dog and immediately start smashing windows? Was there any attempt to locate the owner or call the cops first?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I'm confused...did he just see the dog and immediately start smashing windows? Was there any attempt to locate the owner or call the cops first?

It sounds like a couple of people had called and were waiting for the cops. The guy just started busting out windows immediately.

Pete

Repete
Judging from the moobs and the apparent lack of teeth I would say he is more likely a Dessert Storm veteran.

Hank

my war
Meanwhile, the poor dog is probably more traumatized from the window smashing over being in the car.