Man claiming to have a bomb in a van in NW

rack'm

Jaded
Suspicious Vehicle Forces Evacuation on Capitol Hill
Updated: Friday, Oct. 21, 2005 - 11:45 AM

WASHINGTON - A suspicious van is forcing an evacuation of about 1,000 people at a building on Capitol Hill.
The vehicle is reported to be in the 100 block of First Street, NW.

The evacuation is occurring at 101 Constitution Ave., NW. in a building that houses various private sector companies.

WTOP's Capitol Hill Correspondent Dave McConnell who is near the scene says everybody is leaving calmly the building.

Two sources are telling CNN that a man in a van is claiming to have a bomb. The man is talking with the police, the network reports.

The U.S. Capitol is not involved in the evacuation.

Acording to a Captiol Police alert sent to Senate staff, several streets are closed in the area, including Delaware and Constitution Avenue (Southbound); 3rd Street and Constitution Avenue, NE (Westbound); Louisiana and Constitution Avenue, NW (Eastbound).

Story here

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
If he doesn't have one and screws up my trip home tonight, he will wish he'd have blown himself up. :mad:

rack'm

Jaded
cattitude said:
If he doesn't have one and screws up my trip home tonight, he will wish he'd have blown himself up. :mad:

Do you want me to grab Ott'a and head south now just in case??

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
cattitude said:
It's been screwy all week - 1st a suspicous package at a metro station, then an evac downtown, and now this. It'll be another false alarm.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
migtig said:
It's been screwy all week - 1st a suspicous package at a metro station, then an evac downtown, and now this. It'll be another false alarm.

I must be in a bubble, I haven't heard about anything except for this.

rack'm

Jaded
dustin said:
Remember when the guy with Nomoney's John Deere was in DC stirrin up a storm? :lmao:

Yea, it totally forked up traffic for three days...........

You'd think someone would walk up with a rifle, point it at his head and say, "dismount by the count of three (3) or die" and if the maggot doesn't comply, shot him. :shrug: