Man loses leg by shooting lawn mower full of Tannerite

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://controversialtimes.com/news/...-shooting-lawnmower-full-of-explosives-video/

A Georgia man lost his left leg below the knee while trying to make a YouTube video shooting a lawnmower full of the explosive compound Tannerite.

“We get a lot of calls about Tannerite. It can be extremely dangerous if it is not used correctly,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said.

The video shows 32-year-old David Pressley shooting an AR-15 at the lawn mower for 30 seconds, getting off more than 20 shots and moving closer as it fails to explode.

**GRAPHIC VIDEO**

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Idiot at work.

There are a lot of "spectacular" tannerite explosion videos on Youtube these days. I saw one where the door off a pickup truck cab nearly cut the guy in half that touched off the explosion. Missed him by inches as it wizzed by.

The stuff will be illegal everywhere soon.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm sure the NRA will be along any moment to say we have a Constitutional right to keep and bear Tannerite.

:sarcasm: (Just in case it wasn't obvious.)

stew77

I Do live in a "closed world!" Never heard of Tannerite! Did not know it was available. I know people like the big explosions, and noise, but why? We got into enough trouble with firecrackers, cherry bombs, M80's, and bottle rockets. Maybe hitting a roll of "caps" with a hammer; but the large explosions...i.e. blowing something up with a big set of Dyn0mite (lol) or C4 or whatever is not cool. I learned a lession about 30+ years ago, when I used a gallon of gasoline to "start" a large pile of leaves/sticks on fire. Blew me about 20 feet back, and scared the hell out of me.. So now I avoid large explosions.. except on a gun firing range; but that is a controlled environment. My take!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I Do live in a "closed world!" Never heard of Tannerite! Did not know it was available.

It's been around for a long time as "exploding targets". But in sufficient quantity and, most significantly, contained within a closed space or structure, it can be very powerful.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Tannerite is a contact explosive.. C4, not so much...

Don't get me wrong.. C4 can be a LOT of fun.. but just a different kind of fun than Tannerite.. AmIRite?

Those years I spent working at Injun Head and Radford AAP as an "energetic materials" engineer...not for naught. ;-)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Tanerit Simply® (93% granulated AN + 6% red P + 1% C) RE 0.55

Not too shabby for a DIY Binary..

Though the recipe they call out has three ingredients, It's Usually AN and Aluminum Powder (I think)

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Tannerite is a contact explosive.. C4, not so much...

Don't get me wrong.. C4 can be a LOT of fun.. but just a different kind of fun than Tannerite.. AmIRite?

Tannerite is a "Blast".......

Makes neighbors a little upset....don't ask me how I know this.....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Too bad he didn't lose his nuts because he doesn't need to procreate.