Man OK After Falling 130 Feet From Copter

rack'm

Jaded
POSTED: 9:47 pm EST January 30, 2006

VIENNA, Austria -- A man plummeted 130 feet from a helicopter Monday but escaped injury because deep snow cushioned his fall.

The 42-year-old was suspended from the helicopter by a rope to make repairs when the knot came undone and he slipped free, police in the Upper Austria town of Hallstatt said in a statement.

Although a fall from that height normally would result in death or serious injury, the deep snow drifts broke the man's fall, officials said. He was taken by rescue helicopter to a nearby hospital for a medical checkup as a precaution but appeared to have no injuries.

Vince

rack'm said:
POSTED: 9:47 pm EST January 30, 2006

VIENNA, Austria -- A man plummeted 130 feet from a helicopter Monday but escaped injury because deep snow cushioned his fall.

The 42-year-old was suspended from the helicopter by a rope to make repairs when the knot came undone and he slipped free, police in the Upper Austria town of Hallstatt said in a statement.

Although a fall from that height normally would result in death or serious injury, the deep snow drifts broke the man's fall, officials said. He was taken by rescue helicopter to a nearby hospital for a medical checkup as a precaution but appeared to have no injuries.
Who tied the knot? I'd be coming after his azz. :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
desertrat said:
I doubt if I'd be alive when I hit!
I would be alive, it just that I would have a foul aroma about me, and would have no need to use the rest facilities at the moment.

D

dems4me

bcp said:
There are certain jobs where the word "OOPS" is just not acceptable.

:yeahthat: I think window washers are one of them. About 15 years ago we were in a meeting in a conference room that over looked a building directly across from our window and a smaller building (about 4 floors) was in the middle of us. There were window washers out swinging around on their paddles and the one guy kept yelling at the other guy to stop goofing around because he was and it was very windy out too so most of us were distracted and watching the guys outside. Next thing you know about 45 minutes later they were out of sight and we then see a body falling and passing our window enroot. :jet: We looked out and he had pretty much died on contact. :frown: Someone was in the other building directly across from us taking pictures. The force of his body dented the aircompressor unit on the roof very badly. There was a blurb about him in the newspaper. He was from salvador and only 23. :frown:
This guy that landed on the snow was lucky!! Talk about nine lives!! I'm glad this guy survived :clap: