Man performs fecal transplant on himself

Misfit

Lawful neutral
C.B. man performs fecal transplant on himself | The Chronicle Herald

SYDNEY — A Cape Breton man took matters into his own hands after being turned down for an unusual gastroenterological procedure in a Sydney hospital last month.

"And I’m feeling good, but my fingers are crossed and I’m hoping and praying it doesn’t come back," the 66-year-old man said during a telephone interview Monday.

The Albert Bridge man, who asked The Chronicle Herald not to publish his name, has suffered from a bacterial infection known as Clostridium difficile, or C. difficile, since undergoing routine surgery at Cape Breton Regional Hospital 18 months ago.

Frustrated, ill and determined to rid himself of the infection once and for all, he gave himself what is called a fecal infusion or enema on Friday.

"It’s a nasty topic to discuss, but fecal transplants work, and I was not ready to wait any longer," the man said.

With feces donated by his cousin, whose stool had been tested for blood-borne infections or parasites, the man mixed up a slurry with water and performed the procedure in his own bathroom.

On March 9, Dr. Baroudi Fashir was set to perform what is known as a fecal transplant, which involves inserting donated and tested feces into the patient’s large bowel with a colonoscope.

nobody really

I need a nap
C.B. man performs fecal transplant on himself | The Chronicle Herald

SYDNEY — A Cape Breton man took matters into his own hands after being turned down for an unusual gastroenterological procedure in a Sydney hospital last month.

"And I’m feeling good, but my fingers are crossed and I’m hoping and praying it doesn’t come back," the 66-year-old man said during a telephone interview Monday.

The Albert Bridge man, who asked The Chronicle Herald not to publish his name, has suffered from a bacterial infection known as Clostridium difficile, or C. difficile, since undergoing routine surgery at Cape Breton Regional Hospital 18 months ago.

Frustrated, ill and determined to rid himself of the infection once and for all, he gave himself what is called a fecal infusion or enema on Friday.

"It’s a nasty topic to discuss, but fecal transplants work, and I was not ready to wait any longer," the man said.

With feces donated by his cousin, whose stool had been tested for blood-borne infections or parasites, the man mixed up a slurry with water and performed the procedure in his own bathroom.

On March 9, Dr. Baroudi Fashir was set to perform what is known as a fecal transplant, which involves inserting donated and tested feces into the patient’s large bowel with a colonoscope.

so instead of "don't give me any ####", its "can i have some ####" er, i mean, fecal matter.....