Man tased 11 times, including his twig and berries

glhs837

Power with Control
I can't wait until Chris gets his way and law enforcement is abolished. Total anarchy, no laws, just a free for all without the mean old po-po bothering people.

:yahoo:

Wanting law enforcement to be accountable for acting illegally just like citizens isnt advocating anarchy.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So, here's the thing. I'm all for allowing the police to have the ability to use the force needed. But the "charges dropped once they were forced to release the bodycam". Everyone involved had a chance to see that footage and drop the charges within days of the event. But the system hides it's dirty laundry, which leaves a bad smell. Trust is earned, and once you start hiding crap, trust gets eroded. The departments have to stop this crap of trying to sweep stuff under the rug and hope it goes away. It's not going to.
The problem is that the LE community includes the prosecutors, and to a degree the judges.
In most areas the top cop, the lead attorney and the judges are elected. They have a vested interest in playing nice with each other.
Any attorney appearing before the court has the same problem, if they plan to run for office or just to stay on the right side of a judge.
Because of these relationships, things don't play out like they do in Hollywood. You don't see ultruistic behavior, that self less attorney that challenges the system. Not if they want to continue to work.

TCROW

You are bat-crap certifiable.

Who made the law in your sick twisted single-synapse mind?

No reason to be upset with me because if your own ineptitude. I realize you think your copy/paste job was meant as a counter to what I said, but it wasn’t.

It is exactly repeating what I said.

Bye now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wanting law enforcement to be accountable for acting illegally just like citizens isnt advocating anarchy.

As it happens there are some among us who think cops ALWAYS act illegally and who ALWAYS want cops punished, even if said cops are just trying to protect their own safety.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I can't wait until Chris gets his way and law enforcement is abolished. Total anarchy, no laws, just a free for all without the mean old po-po bothering people.

:yahoo:
No, it's called the constitution. The constitution clearly states the limits of what the government, that includes law enforcement, can do.
The bill of rights was quickly added (amendments) to protect the citizens of the new country from the type of "law" enacted by the English.
Hence, we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Now it's guilty until proven innocent. When yuo accept the premise that if a cop stops you, you must have been doing something wrong, you are assuming guilt.
Premise traffic stops are no differnt than "stop and frisk". "Stop and frisk" has been challenged in many areas and shut down.

If a vehicle is slowly driving up and down a stretch of road, is that suspicious behavior and is it sufficient for the vehicle to be stopped and searched?
What happens when I add that the driver was looking for a house that he had never been to before, for perfectly legitimate reasons?

BernieP

Resident PIA
As it happens there are some among us who think cops ALWAYS act illegally and who ALWAYS want cops punished, even if said cops are just trying to protect their own safety.
an dthe same is true vice versa. If you question LE, you must be a criminal.
As I've said, there are two sides to the story, (or more).
When it gets played out in the media, it's typically slanted to one or another side.

The nice thing about Live PD is you see both sides as it's played out.

It's tough being out there on the street and having to deal with people who at times don't like you (just ask a dentist).
There are cases where people resist, and they have to be subdued.

The difference is in the initial approach, if the officer isn't threatening, the other side is likely to be more cooperative.
A heavy handed approach is going to result in resistance, particularly if the person hasn't done anything.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If a vehicle is slowly driving up and down a stretch of road, is that suspicious behavior and is it sufficient for the vehicle to be stopped and searched?
What happens when I add that the driver was looking for a house that he had never been to before, for perfectly legitimate reasons?

In that event it would be a simple case of:

What are you doing?
Trying to find a house.
Let me see....okay, make a left on that road and it's up there about four houses.

See how that works? I am not a person who automatically assumes the cop is my enemy, and am therefore not afraid to ask them for assistance. I never assume a cop is addressing me because I've done something wrong. I'm perfectly happy treating them like a human being and potential source of help.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A heavy handed approach is going to result in resistance, particularly if the person hasn't done anything.

I understand completely that cops come into contact with the dregs of society every single day. I also understand that they don't know me, and I understand how they become conditioned to be hard asses right out of the gate. I'm okay with chilling the situation out rather than exacerbating it.

You, of course, can do as you please and suffer the consequences.

Chris0nllyn

I understand completely that cops come into contact with the dregs of society every single day. I also understand that they don't know me, and I understand how they become conditioned to be hard asses right out of the gate. I'm okay with chilling the situation out rather than exacerbating it.

You, of course, can do as you please and suffer the consequences.

What did the passenger do in this case that escalated the situation?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What did the passenger do in this case that escalated the situation?

It starts at roughly 1:30.

What's your name?
Why do I have to tell you that??

then

I don't want you stuffing anything down in between the seat.
(guy stuffs something down in between the seat, and it's on)

Clearly these punks were up to no good, and they're too dumb to finesse their way out of it. At least the one guy is almost certainly on the books, otherwise there's no reason not to tell the cop his name and get him to go away so he can resume his meth smoking. PS, sitting in a car and nobody has ID on them? Um....so who's car is it? And who drove it there?

I have no problem with dumb punks getting their nads tased. Keep them from knocking up the local sluts and popping out more idiots.

Chris0nllyn

It starts at roughly 1:30.

What's your name?
Why do I have to tell you that??

then

I don't want you stuffing anything down in between the seat.
(guy stuffs something down in between the seat, and it's on)

Clearly these punks were up to no good, and they're too dumb to finesse their way out of it. At least the one guy is almost certainly on the books, otherwise there's no reason not to tell the cop his name and get him to go away so he can resume his meth smoking. PS, sitting in a car and nobody has ID on them? Um....so who's car is it? And who drove it there?

I have no problem with dumb punks getting their nads tased. Keep them from knocking up the local sluts and popping out more idiots.

Remember this thread the next time you whine about other people not caring about the Constitution.

The passenger is under no legal obligation to provide ID. None. Police officers, being the LAW enforcement officers they are, should recognize that and not needlessly escalate the situation. He stuffed something? What was it? What did those cops find? Besides the coke can in his hand?

If they did something wrong, the police can and should investigate. Legally. The Constitution affords protections for ALL US citizens. Unfortunately, hot head and ego maniac police officers ruin cases because they don't do things by the book. You may not have a problem with it, but you should. You should care that police completely made up their PC for the stop, escalated the situation when a citizen was simply exercising their constitutional right, tazed him multiple times while he was tangled in the seat belt, pulled down his pants, and tazes him. You should care that due to the actions of that officer, taxpayers would be on the hook for any judgement and the officer keeps on going around town making up other crimes to pull others over, incorrectly knowing the law, and basing his actions on that misinterpretation of the law.

No, besides exercising his rights as a citizen of this Country, what else do you feel he did to escalate the situation?

Why no comment on the fact that the cop lied about the PC for the stop in the first place?

MiddleGround

I don't understand what Chris, Blackdog, etc. are advocating for the police to do in this situation. Should they just react to a refusal to show proper ID with an "OK... nevermind. Free to go!?"

Or maybe, upon a refusal, the police should hold you where you are for 3-4 hours until a judge signs off on a warrant to search the vehicle and it's contents which include the person and possibly their ID.

What should be the proper course for LEO in this situation? Chris??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Remember this thread the next time you whine about other people not caring about the Constitution.

You asked a question, I answered it.

You can certainly get all huffy and risk a situation if you want to. I, on the other hand, will continue to say "Hi officer, how can I help you?" Again, there is right and there is dead right. Unless you're just trying to win the ghetto lottery, then by all means pick fights with cops until your ticket comes up.

Last edited:

TCROW

I don't understand what Chris, Blackdog, etc. are advocating for the police to do in this situation. Should they just react to a refusal to show proper ID with an "OK... nevermind. Free to go!?"

If it’s not a detainment or Terry Stop then yes! That is absolutely what should happen, turn and walk away. That’s kind of the very essence of a legal detainment.

Good lord.

Chris0nllyn

Or maybe, upon a refusal, the police should hold you where you are for 3-4 hours until a judge signs off on a warrant to search the vehicle and it's contents which include the person and possibly their ID.

What should be the proper course for LEO in this situation? Chris??

If the entire reasn for the stop was because they didn't use a turn signal, then walk up to the driver and ask why they didn't use it. Ask for ID's and if someone besides the driver refuses, ticket or warn the driver. Done.

Of course, that's not really why they were pulled over. The officer could not have seen them turn, or their blinker usage. The officer went right to the passenger seat and got pissy when the passenger legally refused to provide his ID.

This officer has made it clear he is not interested in the law, so he'd just say he smelled something and search the car without the need for a warrant.

You asked a question, I answered it.

You can certainly get all huffy and risk a situation if you want to. I, on the other hand, will continue to say "Hi officer, how can I help you?" Again, there is right and there is dead right. Unless you're just trying to win the ghetto lottery, then by all means pick fights will cops until your ticket comes up.

Yea, you CLEARLY watched a different video. (Notice it starts way before 1:30)

0:15 - Officer first says "anyone got IDs on them".
0:22 - When asked if the passenger needs one, the officer says "hey when you turn in here just make sure you throw on your turn signal for us". Driver then says she has her ID.
0:33 - Officer says "go ahead and grab it out real quick" and appears to run the ID of the rear passenger.
1:10 - Officer comes back and says "dont reach in your bag man". The man replies, "oh, okay, im sorry". The officer implies that because he said he doesn't have an ID he may have something (I guess if he had ID, he could reach in his bag?)
1:20 - Passenger asks why he's being asked for his name. The officer incorrectly states that "if you're a passenger in a vehicle, you need to have your ID". The passenger (correctly) states he doesn't have to provide it. The officer then says he's take him to the station to fingerprint him.
1:42 - Passenger tries remaining calm while the officer puts his notebook/ticketbook on top the car and says "we can do this one of two ways". The passenger tries multiple times to remain calm. Officer wants nothing to do with that in order to gain full compliance from someone, again, doing nothing illegal.
1:58 - Officer pulls tazer and tells the passenger he'll tase him he he tenses up.
2:10 - Passenger again asks what he did wrong. Officer says "A couple of things. One you don't have no ID on you."

How is this picking a fight? The man is literally doing nothign wrong. Nothing. And you're over here cheering on this sort of behavior. You rant and rave about the FBI not caring about the constitution when it involves Trump, but when local police do it, you just say "Well, if you just comply with unlawful and unconstitutional orders, you'll be okay and anyone who exercises their constitutional rights is obviously a criminal." You advocate for "guilty until proven innocent".

MiddleGround

If it’s not a detainment or Terry Stop then yes! That is absolutely what should happen, turn and walk away. That’s kind of the very essence of a legal detainment.

Good lord.
Very definition of a "traffic stop."

-A traffic stop, commonly called being pulled over, is a temporary detention of a driver of a vehicle by police to investigate a possible crime or minor violation of law.

Was this not a traffic stop? Regardless of how Chris believes the officers should have approached the vehicle.

Are you all saying that the focus of the temporary investigation should only be limited to the driver and everyone else in the vehicle should be immune from it? Or, are you saying that if the officer suspects a passenger then they need to detain the entire vehicle until a warrant is issued?