Man tased 11 times, including his twig and berries

Chris0nllyn

Here's the media report of the incident from Glendale PD:

Here's the video the police released:

Here's the body cam footage:

The man (and woman) spent months in jail only to have the charges dropped once the body cam footage became available (the incident happened in July 2017). The officer was suspended for 30 days and is back out on the streets.

TCROW

It's only when these a-holes start losing their jobs and the entirety of their pension and retirement that this will stop.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I can see both sides of the story. When you get someone who is violently trying to resist, and is uncoopertavte (for whatever reason), you have 3 choices; the taser (non-lethal force); shoot them (lethal force); or let them walk.

The thing about Live PD is you get to see the encounter from start to end, no editing.
Maybe the officers are on best behavior because they know their being filmed.
But I've watched them punch a suspect when they were trying to cuff them, tase a suspect.
I do not condone police brutality, but if a suspect is going to resist, I go back to the options the officer has available.

GregV814

Here's the media report of the incident from Glendale PD:

Here's the video the police released:

Here's the body cam footage:

The man (and woman) spent months in jail only to have the charges dropped once the body cam footage became available (the incident happened in July 2017). The officer was suspended for 30 days and is back out on the streets.

Hissy, I think you should write a stern letter of objection!!! Do it NOW!!!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
LEOs should have probably moved on to lead and gunpower when it became obvious that the perps weren't affected by the TASERs.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And they wonder why they are hated and loathed. Why no one respects them. And why many many people have zero f*cks in their pockets to give in the death of one. (Not that I condone it, just raising a point.) If they aren't careful, and reign in the mistreatment of people, by every department, across the Nation, there will come a point in time where some serious blowback might occur.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, here's the thing. I'm all for allowing the police to have the ability to use the force needed. But the "charges dropped once they were forced to release the bodycam". Everyone involved had a chance to see that footage and drop the charges within days of the event. But the system hides it's dirty laundry, which leaves a bad smell. Trust is earned, and once you start hiding crap, trust gets eroded. The departments have to stop this crap of trying to sweep stuff under the rug and hope it goes away. It's not going to.

Chris0nllyn

This should shed a light on how Police try and craft the narrative around an event.

Think about this when you look at the Houston drug raid and the police's (and Union's) reponse to it. The narrative they crafted to shift the blame from them.

It should also shed a light on the training they receive. It appears they train heavily on the proper techniques for pain compliance but skipped the portion that clarifies that a passenger is under absolutely no legal obligation to show their ID.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
but Police just want to go home at the end of their shift

As do boots on the ground service members wanting to go home after a six month or one year tour of combat duty. And yet, incidents such as this by our armed forces upon the enemy are extremely rare. Why? Because they follow orders, and the rules of engagement, and are professionals.

nutz

Kinda funny....for some reason Ive never been tased or drug out of my car. Maybe I had a bad upbringing, I was taught to be polite and cooperative.

Chris0nllyn

Where in the constitution does it say that when being a jackass (shithead, etc) you get an automatic excusal from getting your ass kicked?

Where does it say a passenger in a car has to provide ID, as the officer stated? You know, the entire premise behind the officer getting pissed off to begin with. The man not wanting to give his ID was well within his rights as an american citizen to do so.

Americans exercising their constitutional rights should not agitate police, the ones who took an oath to uphold those rights, to the point that it becomes "uncooperative" so they can needlessly escalate the situation.

black dog

Free America
Where in the constitution does it say that when being a jackass (shithead, etc) you get an automatic excusal from getting your ass kicked?

I was taught that Agents of the Government took an Oath to uphold The Constitution..

nutz

Where does it say a passenger in a car has to provide ID, as the officer stated? You know, the entire premise behind the officer getting pissed off to begin with. The man not wanting to give his ID was well within his rights as an american citizen to do so.

Americans exercising their constitutional rights should not agitate police, the ones who took an oath to uphold those rights, to the point that it becomes "uncooperative" so they can needlessly escalate the situation.
Where does it say you dont? I missed the part where the officer said give me your ID or Ill **** you up. I did hear him say if you dont have ID we will Go for fingerprinting.

Last edited:

nutz

I was taught that Agents of the Government took an Oath to uphold The Constitution..
And they are also taught to uphold the laws of the jurisdiction they monitor. And they are not the judge, they only present their interpretation of the issue to a judge for his/her opinion. And the public has begged for changes in how they do business. Please dont pick little johnny out off the crowd because he wears a burka. Please dont use a gun, use a baton. Please dont use a baton, use a taser because its less hurtful. Oh wait, we didn’t know people flop around like a fish out of water when they get tased, dont do that. Please dont use skin color on air, dont call out number one or two male/female someone may get offended.
So if the public wasn’t taugh to rely on the po-po, we wouldn’t have them. The public has been taught not to do things for yourself, call someone from the government. 911 was brought about because people complained they couldn’t remember the number to call. Now they complain because the right services aren’t rendered quickly enough. Complaint upon complaint gets filed because it wasn’t done the way they wanted it.

IMO, I have 0 clue why anyone would try to do the job of a sworn officer (deputy/police/Marshall etc) the public wants them to do.

Last edited: