Manassas Changes Definition Of Family

S

Schizo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/27/AR2005122701216.html

Initially I agreed until I read this...

"nephew, under our law, is considered unrelated"

and this.

"Manassas redefines family, essentially restricting households to immediate relatives, even when the total is below the occupancy limit."

The limit should be based on the size of the home and he number of bathrooms (the occupancy limit), not if people are related. I believe the law is going after certain parts of the community.

rack'm

Jaded
They're trying to cut down on the 45 illegal aliens living under one roof who are all "related".

S

Schizo

rack'm said:
They're trying to cut down on the 45 illegal aliens living under one roof who are all "related".

Tha's why I proposes that there's still an occupancy limit, based on home size and number of bathrooms.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
if my nephew was living with me they would just have to take me to jail. WTF?
she was probally lying though.

willie

Schizo said:
Tha's why I proposes that there's still an occupancy limit, based on home size and number of bathrooms.
:yeahthat:
It's the same stuff that applies to drunk drivers, guns, illegal aliens and so many other things. We do not need new laws, enforce the ones that we have.

SamSpade

I thought the retort of racism was a little ridiculous. It's not as though it's never been true that rednecks and white trash have never done this kind of thing. However, that kind of ordinance would have broken up a lot of households I lived in in my twenties, where five or six of us unrelated types shared a house in a quiet neighborhood.

If they want to get rid of illegals - or illegal activity - then nail 'em for the damned crime, not some stunt to kick 'em out of the house. That doesn't get rid of the illegals - it just moves 'em somewhere else.