Mare for Free-lease

spellbound

I have a 16 yr Appendix QH mare that has been doing nothing for the past 7 yrs. She is a 15.2, big bodied bay and very cute. She has a stiff stifle and an attitude that does not tolerate her being ridden. She can also be difficult to handle on the ground in certain situations so she needs a confident, strong handler. I thought I would ask around to see if anyone is interested in taking her on a free-lease as a companion horse or as a broodmare.

covekat

Have you ever tried blistering or injecting her stifle? Being that sore would give her a reason to have a bad attitude... just wondering.

S

saddlesore

covekat said:
Have you ever tried blistering or injecting her stifle? Being that sore would give her a reason to have a bad attitude... just wondering.

Right [nodding], especially considering she is only 16. She's still got quite a few years left - not like she's 25. Pain can really affect attitude and temperament. No doubt you've already addressed this, but that's why forums like this are great. It's nice to hear different ideas, eh?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
spellbound said:
I have a 16 yr Appendix QH mare that has been doing nothing for the past 7 yrs. She is a 15.2, big bodied bay and very cute. She has a stiff stifle and an attitude that does not tolerate her being ridden. She can also be difficult to handle on the ground in certain situations so she needs a confident, strong handler. I thought I would ask around to see if anyone is interested in taking her on a free-lease as a companion horse or as a broodmare.
I bet Winn DIxie could ride her. She is the best trainer I know. :killingme Maybe she is looking for another horse to take to the shows. I am sorry I have been gone. I had family in town. There is so much to catch up on!

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:
I bet Winn DIxie could ride her. She is the best trainer I know. :killingme Maybe she is looking for another horse to take to the shows. I am sorry I have been gone. I had family in town. There is so much to catch up on!

Sadie, are you abdicating the crown already? :biggrin:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
spellbound said:
When you say "companion horse," what does that mean? My co-worker just got a horse and maybe might take it on, but I'd have to ask her. Her horse is a five year old paint, a mare.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BS Gal said:
When you say "companion horse," what does that mean? My co-worker just got a horse and maybe might take it on, but I'd have to ask her. Her horse is a five year old paint, a mare.

How has she been working out? Has she been riding her yet??