Mare in need in SOMD?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Anyone familiar with this mare?

Can anybody help this mare? She's either 6 or 7 years old. Don't
know if she raced or not, but she was bred and when the baby was
born, something went wrong with her cervix and they had to cut the
baby out. She can never be bred again. She might or might not need
something done with the cervix, because she strains to urinate.
(This is how it was all told to me.) She is bay in color, between
15.3 & 16 h. and has a wonderful, sweet disposition. Her name is
Believe in Pegasus; nickname Peggy. She is located in Southern
Maryland. The owner wants her gone this week or he will send her to
slaughter. If you can help or foster, please call Claire McCauley
a.s.a.p. She is not the owner. She found out through a trainer.
Thanks
Lorraine @ Horse Lovers United, Inc.

FWIW...i HATE this crap.....when the "threat" is slaughter....or auction so get it out ASAP... :burning:

Sparks

happyappygirl said:
The owner wants her gone this week or he will send her to
slaughter.

This makes me sick...... :cussing:

But thank you for trying to help her. Wish I could help.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
i think another rescue is taking her. i just wondered if anyone knew who had this mare, and perhaps knew if this is an accurate story.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
happyappygirl said:
i think another rescue is taking her. i just wondered if anyone knew who had this mare, and perhaps knew if this is an accurate story.

I know Claire.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ya know, I of all people can understand the need to "rehome" an animal that just can't stay...but it is my opinion that it IS the owner's responsibility to find the animal a satisfactory new home, and to sling the "it's going to slaughter or auction" threat out to elicit a response just makes me absolutley crazy. When I finally got Rottncop to admit (48 chickens and 1 prized kitty cat later) that the Jacks HAD to find new homes, i made good and d@mn sure they went to GOOD homes and didn't become part of the problem by dumping them.

With that said.....i was hoping this mare can indeed stay where she is until suitable quarters can be found for her.

BrassieChic

happyappygirl said:
Anyone familiar with this mare?

Can anybody help this mare? She's either 6 or 7 years old. Don't
know if she raced or not, but she was bred and when the baby was
born, something went wrong with her cervix and they had to cut the
baby out. She can never be bred again. She might or might not need
something done with the cervix, because she strains to urinate.
(This is how it was all told to me.) She is bay in color, between
15.3 & 16 h. and has a wonderful, sweet disposition. Her name is
Believe in Pegasus; nickname Peggy. She is located in Southern
Maryland. The owner wants her gone this week or he will send her to
slaughter. If you can help or foster, please call Claire McCauley
a.s.a.p. She is not the owner. She found out through a trainer.
Thanks
Lorraine @ Horse Lovers United, Inc.

FWIW...i HATE this crap.....when the "threat" is slaughter....or auction so get it out ASAP... :burning:

DO YOU HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR CLAIRE OR THE OWNER?????

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
happyappygirl said:
Ya know, I of all people can understand the need to "rehome" an animal that just can't stay...but it is my opinion that it IS the owner's responsibility to find the animal a satisfactory new home, and to sling the "it's going to slaughter or auction" threat out to elicit a response just makes me absolutley crazy. When I finally got Rottncop to admit (48 chickens and 1 prized kitty cat later) that the Jacks HAD to find new homes, i made good and d@mn sure they went to GOOD homes and didn't become part of the problem by dumping them.

With that said.....i was hoping this mare can indeed stay where she is until suitable quarters can be found for her.

That is so sad about the chickens and kitty, how did it happen? :bawl:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Winn Dixie said:
That is so sad about the chickens and kitty, how did it happen? :bawl:

Did they kill the chickens in one fell swoop or over a period of time and how did they get to the kitty? :jameo: I'm so sorry, it must have been horrible. :huggy:

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
sorry i've been out of town...
it was weird. they had been out running around for a YEAR...then all of a sudden, in one day they murdered 30 or so. Just killed them all over the place. little one was outside screaming for rottncop to come FAST...she couldn't do anything to stop them, and it was too late.
That weekend we came home on sunday, to my big male himalayan kitty who thought all the dogs loved him, dead in the foal field, pressed up against the fence, with the male gnawing on him. now THAT was awful. so i kept them either penned up and or the house, and started letting them out one at a time...thinking it was pack behavior. WRONG. Murder and mayhem yet again. My poor chickens. That was when i finally convinced rottncop they HAD to go to homes where they could enjoy life, because i wasn't going to be able to provide that for them, having to keep them in crates or a kennel all the time. Jack (who is deaf) was adopted by a fellow near waldorf as a companion for his female he has 2 acres fenced in, and jill lives with my daughter in Prince Frederick sleeping in her bed. she has no other pets except jilly-bean.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
happyappygirl said:
sorry i've been out of town...
it was weird. they had been out running around for a YEAR...then all of a sudden, in one day they murdered 30 or so. Just killed them all over the place. little one was outside screaming for rottncop to come FAST...she couldn't do anything to stop them, and it was too late.
That weekend we came home on sunday, to my big male himalayan kitty who thought all the dogs loved him, dead in the foal field, pressed up against the fence, with the male gnawing on him. now THAT was awful. so i kept them either penned up and or the house, and started letting them out one at a time...thinking it was pack behavior. WRONG. Murder and mayhem yet again. My poor chickens. That was when i finally convinced rottncop they HAD to go to homes where they could enjoy life, because i wasn't going to be able to provide that for them, having to keep them in crates or a kennel all the time. Jack (who is deaf) was adopted by a fellow near waldorf as a companion for his female he has 2 acres fenced in, and jill lives with my daughter in Prince Frederick sleeping in her bed. she has no other pets except jilly-bean.

What a terrible thing to have to experience. It's great to hear you found them nice homes even after they had exhibited such unacceptable behavior and put you through such emotional trauma. You're one of the good ones. :yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Winn Dixie said:
What a terrible thing to have to experience. It's great to hear you found them nice homes even after they had exhibited such unacceptable behavior and put you through such emotional trauma. You're one of the good ones. :yay:

thanks...

it was amazing to me that those little dogs could kill such HUGE chickens. The chickens are easily twice their size.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:

I know Claire, she called me about this mare. I will PM her number to anyone who wants to help. From what I gather it is the correct story. The name of the farm is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember right now. There were actually 2 there needing homes, Claire has taken in one and is working on someone or a rescue for the other.