Marine in pissing video found dead

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

mamatutu

mama to two
That is really tragic. I know it was a dishonorable act, but that is nothing compared to what the Taliban, ISIS, etc. do to human beings. Why in the world did they video it? Rest in peace, brave soldier.

MMM_donuts

That is really tragic. I know it was a dishonorable act, but that is nothing compared to what the Taliban, ISIS, etc. do to human beings. Why in the world did they video it? Rest in peace, brave soldier.

Comparing a dishonorable act to another dishonorable act doesn't excuse it. It's still dishonorable.

Not videoing it doesn't make it better because the public doesn't know about it. The act is still dishonorable. Integrity is about what you do when others aren't watching, that's why his life has been shaped by the incident. His actions are disappointing and embarrassing to me and other Marines. Integrity is one of the principle values of the Marine Corps.

I certainly appreciate his candid talk on the incident. I don't see that often in the media. It's unfortunate that he's passed away and my best wishes go out to his family.