Mark Ruffalo calls for 'economic revolution,' bashes capitalism on social media

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Actor Mark Ruffalo shared a tweet asking Americans for an “economic revolution” to end capitalism.

“It’s time for an economic revolution,” he wrote. “Capitalism today is failing us, killing us, and robbing from our children’s future.”

Ruffalo, who made $6 million for his role in "Avengers: Infinity War" and is worth an estimated $30 million, previously lent his support in the 2016 presidential election to Sanders before he lost the nomination to Hillary Clinton. Speaking on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” in November, Ruffalo admitted that the ensuing years have only strengthened his support for Sanders.

SamSpade

I really don't understand how guys like him - who made an outrageous amount of money by acting in a film (heck, even in "Endgame" it was voice acting, as Hulk was CGI "Professor Hulk" and not Ruffalo) have any cause to complain about capitalism.

He made his millions precisely because of the way capitalism works. Does anyone think his acting performances are intrinsically worth millions, as opposed to what the market pays?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I keep seeing references to tweets from Mark Ruffalo like he's somebody famous. Who even is that and why do I care what he "thinks"? Was he in anything anyone saw?

This_person

I keep seeing references to tweets from Mark Ruffalo like he's somebody famous. Who even is that and why do I care what he "thinks"? Was he in anything anyone saw?
he's actually been pretty popular. Most recently as David Banner/The Hulk (They call him Bruce Banner now, not sure why)

Edit: David, apparently, was just for TV

SamSpade

Before playing the Hulk or the Now You See Me movies, I'd never heard of him.
But he's been in six MCU movies, including four of the top movies of all time, so - yeah, mildly famous.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
He's the 21st Century "Meat-Head!"

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

What surprises me about a lot of Hollywood types is, a lot of them did NOT begin life with a silver spoon in their mouth.
I mean, I can GET why people BORN into Hollywood families or rich families are vacuous nincompoops who have no idea what they're talking about and have zero understanding about how the rest of the world lives - but a lot of actors got there after many years of tiny crowded flats working odd jobs and getting any gig they could - until some of them just got lucky.

You'd think they'd develop a deep sense of humility and gratitude once they get paid a million to say ten to twenty paragraphs of dialogue in two hours - but they don't.

This man has made millions in a system that has greatly profited HIM, he disparages it - but has NO intention of returning his apparent ill-gotten gain.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, when he keeps the average salary, and sends the rest to the govt, and moves into a 2,000 foot ranch house and drives a three year old car, then he can preach, otherwise he can stfu.

This_person

What surprises me about a lot of Hollywood types is, a lot of them did NOT begin life with a silver spoon in their mouth.
I mean, I can GET why people BORN into Hollywood families or rich families are vacuous nincompoops who have no idea what they're talking about and have zero understanding about how the rest of the world lives - but a lot of actors got there after many years of tiny crowded flats working odd jobs and getting any gig they could - until some of them just got lucky.

You'd think they'd develop a deep sense of humility and gratitude once they get paid a million to say ten to twenty paragraphs of dialogue in two hours - but they don't.

This man has made millions in a system that has greatly profited HIM, he disparages it - but has NO intention of returning his apparent ill-gotten gain.
Because they honestly believe they've earned it. They don't think their earnings are due to capitalism, just "sharing" in the amount they've earned. They don't see that they would have any less, just that others would have more because it would be more "fair".

Or, more succinctly, they're dumb.

Pete

Repete

Guilt. They feel guilt about their wealth and are trying to save us all from it. I for one say screw you, I want your wealth.

Reactions: BOP