Marlborough Horse Trials

kmbetit

K Betit
Has anyone been to/heard anything about the Marlborough Horse Trials in Rosaryville? They have beg novice and I am considering going, but haven't heard anything about it.

kmbetit

K Betit
Yeah, but there isn't a whole lot of information on the website about the level of competition and/or the atmosphere. This is my first year eventing, and i've done several of the Olde Hope events, but don't want to get too serious this year. Just wondering if anyone knew if it was more of a laid back fun kinda thing, or if it was a more competitive event.

Sparks

Yeah, but there isn't a whole lot of information on the website about the level of competition and/or the atmosphere. This is my first year eventing, and i've done several of the Olde Hope events, but don't want to get too serious this year. Just wondering if anyone knew if it was more of a laid back fun kinda thing, or if it was a more competitive event.

I think its pretty competitive.

Eventer29

Marlborough is pretty competitive compared to some of the little starter trials. It is also more expensive :( I have ridden in the HT each year for about 4 years except last year because they didnt offer BN and my N horse was off. Not sure
if I'll get to ride this year due to money issues. Hopefully it will be my old palomino's first rec. Novice. It is a really nice HT. If nothing else you should at least go watch. They also have a schooling day the week after. You can school any of the XC jumps on your own or with an instructor. I will be taking a couple kids. If you are interested in joining us let me know. Hope to see you at the event. BTW I am the one that came and held horses for john the blacksmith..and also Neil's friend. Have you heard anything from him lately?

kmbetit

K Betit
Oh Hey Girl!!! :howdy: I've seen Neil a couple of times, but haven't gotten to talk to him much, I guess he's busy with the acting and stuff. If I don't ride, I will def go watch. Is it more competitive then the stuff at Fair Hill? Def let me know if you end up going! I've been back working with Leitha Stone, but still have my horse over on Mackel. If I don't compete i'll beg Leitha to go up with me to practice. I'll let you know and maybe I can hook up with you guys! But otherwise it would be great just to watch!

Marlborough is pretty competitive compared to some of the little starter trials. It is also more expensive :( I have ridden in the HT each year for about 4 years except last year because they didnt offer BN and my N horse was off. Not sure
if I'll get to ride this year due to money issues. Hopefully it will be my old palomino's first rec. Novice. It is a really nice HT. If nothing else you should at least go watch. They also have a schooling day the week after. You can school any of the XC jumps on your own or with an instructor. I will be taking a couple kids. If you are interested in joining us let me know. Hope to see you at the event. BTW I am the one that came and held horses for john the blacksmith..and also Neil's friend. Have you heard anything from him lately?

Eventer29

To me it dosent seem a whole lot more difficult than a Starter trial. The jumps are all pretty straight forward at BN, inviting, nothing tricky. If you are looking into getting into rec events this is probably a good one to start with. Usually at Marlborough they don't include the ditch, not sure about banks, and the water is usually go in and a jump a short distance out of the water (like 2 strides after leaving the water). Wayy back in the day I did a starter at Fair hill and remember thinking OMG. On the BN course we had to do a log down a pretty steep hill, do a ditch then back up a hill...Think like a 1/2 coffin. So pretty much if you have done a HT at fair hill and survived you'll probably be fine at marlborough.
BTW we will probably go to CAGE and school sometime before Marlborough. I'll let you know when and you are welcome to join us. We usually school a bit, then go play in the water.

Duckz

I was at Marborough a few years ago. It was my first horse trial and I was riding my goofy TB. It seemed well run, and the cross country fences for BN were easier than I expected. No ditch, bank, steep hills, no jump into or out of the water. My horse was a notorious chicken sh*t over fences, but this course seemed to give him a lot of confidence and he went clean.

I'd love to take my current horse this year, but we'll be at a hunter show instead. How does the schooling day work? Do I need to sign up ahead of time?

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Eventer, let me know when you are going to be attending Cage and what not. Also, are you jousting this week?

Duckz, "Cross-country course closed except for Wed. Sept 24 & Sat. Sept. 27 open schooling days, 8 am-2 pm. Entry gate closes at 2 pm. Call Janice Binkley-Cole (443) 336-7662 or (410) 987-1233 for info- BN, N, T & P courses as on Sept.20 & 21. $40 fee per horse. Call before coming to check state of course if weather dicey. Safety vests must be worn. No vest--no school. Grounds person on foot, must accompany riders."
USEA - Sep 20-21, 2008 Marlborough H.T.

I'm pretty positive you just show up with coggins, money, and schooling entry.

I'll be going to Marlborough on Sunday. It's my first event (and my horse's) - so wish us luck! :faint: We'll be in the BNR division - I'm not worried about the XC at all (at least not yet). I'm much more concerned that I'll screw up the dressage since that's where we need the most work!!!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I'll be helping out on Saturday somewhere...most likely in the warm-up. Say hi! if y'all are there.

Good luck!