Martha is Moaning.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
If she gets 48 hours a week outside her home, that's a 5-day work week, counting the commute. :confused:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Stewart is reportedly claiming that her limited mobility is hurting her company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.

Hmmmm, I guess doing 5 months with Bertha did her company good?? :duh:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
AC/DC said:
I'm sure she was made into more than a poncho. :really:
Reminds me of a VERY old series called "The Cisco Kid." His sidekick was named "Pancho."

So Bertha could be "The Crisco Kid" and Martha could be "Poncho." :lol:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Railroad said:
Reminds me of a VERY old series called "The Cisco Kid." His sidekick was named "Pancho."

So Bertha could be "The Crisco Kid" and Martha could be "Poncho." :lol:

:yay: Now you're seeing it my way.......:lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
That's not very helpful. I just think it's pointless to require her to have an ankle bracelet. If she's going to commit the same crime again, she can do it over the phone.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
elaine said:
That's not very helpful. I just think it's pointless to require her to have an ankle bracelet. If she's going to commit the same crime again, she can do it over the phone.
Yes, but the point is, these are the negotiated terms of her probation - meaning that she agreed to them back when she was sentenced. And the terms seem more than accommodating in terms of allowing for business.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Railroad said:
Yes, but the point is, these are the negotiated terms of her probation - meaning that she agreed to them back when she was sentenced. And the terms seem more than accommodating in terms of allowing for business.

She agreed to it? I didn't know one could disagree to sentencing. :shrug: Anyway, I think it's stupid. What's she gonna' do? Run? Molest a child? Rob a bank? Shoot someone?

alex

It is a matter of principle - this is the sentence she got - she should shut up and serve it instead of acting like a darn prima donna.

Most likely her attorneys negotiated the sentence and probation requirements. She would have had to agree to them. I don't think it is too harsh. Her company shares actually did better when she was in prision then since he has been released.

I don't think it is such a hardship in these days of video conferencing, email, etc for her to conduct business with the ankle bracelet. She is pretty lucky. She could have been made to serve all the time in prision. How hard is it to be confined to her mansion in CT for all but 48 hrs a week vs the cell in WV?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
alex said:
It is a matter of principle - this is the sentence she got - she should shut up and serve it instead of acting like a darn prima donna.
:yeahthat:

I think it hilarious that MissSuzyHomemaker doesn't like being stuck at home. :lmao:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
To turn an ankle

Sharon said:
:yeahthat:

I think it hilarious that MissSuzyHomemaker doesn't like being stuck at home. :lmao:

Her real problem is that ankle bracelets are gauche in her social stratum.

1 a : lacking social experience or grace; also : not tactful : CRUDE <it would be gauche to mention the subject> b : crudely made or done <a gauche turn of phrase>