Mary Kay

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
Anyone use or sell Mary Kay? I am thinking of becoming a consultant.

I had a few friends become consultants. They were talked into buying a lot of inventory...didn't go so well. It's a good product, you just have to be a really good salesman i think. Personally, I think the products are over-priced for their quality.

ShyGirl

Not to discourage you, but I think that we are close to market saturation for Mary Kay consultants around here. There seems to be one everywhere you look.

vbailey

vbailey
I think being a consultant (Sales of any kind ) is very hard. I sell Longaberger and you really have to work at it to be a Top Sales person. I do it as a hobbie, I love the product and just have fun with it. By the way I love Mary Kay, my hubby gave me a basket full of Mary Kay for Christmas, I got to open one gift every night for the 12 days before Christmas...It was so much fun. And I have a wonderful Mary Kay lady.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
The wifey sells the stuff, not as a full time job, just something in her spare time...I didn't like the idea of it, but good lord aren't there a lot of women who seem to love the stuff...she is always placing orders for odds and in's...

To do it full time, I can't comment on, but from what the wifey does - she didn't have to buy a bunch of inventory to start, and it doesn't take up a lot of time...so it works out pretty nice.

T

toppick08

Alright ladies, how much ya got to sell before getting the pink Cadillac ?

M

Mousebaby

I think being a consultant (Sales of any kind ) is very hard. I sell Longaberger and you really have to work at it to be a Top Sales person. I do it as a hobbie, I love the product and just have fun with it. By the way I love Mary Kay, my hubby gave me a basket full of Mary Kay for Christmas, I got to open one gift every night for the 12 days before Christmas...It was so much fun. And I have a wonderful Mary Kay lady.

:clap: My girlfriend got me a basket with the Satin hands kit and the foot care kit in it. I LOVE this stuff! Now they are making the makeup that is like Bare Minerals, I am going to have to try that too!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Good luck. There's much better make-up at much better prices not sold by pushy broads. Mary Krap is just that. :yay:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
It's a cult. Don't get into it. If you like Mary Kay, you can buy it on EBay but like Dye said, there's a lot of make up out there that's just as good and it's cheaper.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Every time I hear Mary Kay...

6tfths9.jpg

...images of Tammy Faye pop into my head. :jameo:

molly_21

Not to discourage you, but I think that we are close to market saturation for Mary Kay consultants around here. There seems to be one everywhere you look.

I agree that there are alot of Mary Kay consultants and the product is not that great even compared to Avon or other's.

vbailey

vbailey
Good luck. There's much better make-up at much better prices not sold by pushy broads. Mary Krap is just that. :yay:

I have used Mary Kay for at least 15yrs now or longer...I love it and it's the only make-up I use. The cost is about the same as for any good make-up.My Mary Kay Lady is great, not at all pushy.

Last edited:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I use Mary Kay for some of my makeup. If my makeup isn't on in 5 minutes it isn't going on! I never got the hang of all that blending for eyeshadows and I never could draw straight with eyeliner. I would have looked like Tammy Faye for sure! :lmao: I need an Avon rep. Anybody know somebody in St. Mayr's county?

charlesctygal

I got involved with Mary Kay about 6 years ago. Yes, many of the women who sell MK are extremely pushy and want you to buy thousands of dollars worth of product when you first start. I guess I should consider myself lucky. I only joined so that my friend's mother could become a director. I have never purchased more than $400 worth of product. It seems every where you go in Charles/St. Mary's County, women sell this stuff all over the place. I basically sell to family and friends at work and such. When I am able to get an order of $200 or more, I can get another $200 for free. I do not go to the meetings or their seminars, and just do it for fun and for free stuff. Again, get a $200 or more order, and get that much free.

I cannot stand many of hte directors and ladies who sell this, there are two inparticular in Charles County who are probalby the biggest of them all, and they are the pushiest women I have ever met. The one got mad at me because I did not want to obtain a credit card to make some big purchase. It was awful. But again, the free stuff is a nice perk!

charlesctygal

I must say, some of their products are really nice, like the Satin hands scrub, and their mineral powder is also a great new product, and it is not that expensive. I went to CVS the other day and the cost of makeup has risen, unless you are buying Cover Girl or something. I also like some Avon products, but not a lot. Everyone is different in what they like.