Maryland approved straight walled cartridges for hunting in all counties

General Lee

New for the 20-21 Hunting season. I can't find if there is a caliber restriction or not though..... You can find additional changes to, like a few days allowed for "primitive" hunting here:

20MDHD-LR.pdf

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Awesome. That means I can hunt with my .50 Beowulf AR, my .45-70 Henry or my .45 Colt Alaskan. About time....black powder rifles and rounds have evolved so much in the last decades that they are little different than straight walled cartridge performance in many cases.

General Lee

Awesome. That means I can hunt with my .50 Beowulf AR, my .45-70 Henry or my .45 Colt Alaskan. About time....black powder rifles and rounds have evolved so much in the last decades that they are little different than straight walled cartridge performance in many cases.
I'm currently thinking what I may give a go, Maybe a .45-70. Hard to beat the knock down of 12 Ga. slug though. Most times I don't need to reach out 200 yards for a shot either.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
WTH you going to shoot with a Beowolf and have anything left to put in the freezer ?
LOL? I posted that "I can"...does not mean that I will. :razz: My .45 Colt lever gun is perfect for hunting around here..or even down in VA when I'm hunting there.

That said...what's really the difference between a Beo slug and a 12-ga sabot?