Maryland at it again...fee increases

direxpgw

Motor vehicle fees proposed to increase again. Politicians in this state are so out of control and money hungry and have yet to find a tax/fee they dont see fit to increase. Quick summary of motor vehicle fee increases:

Title fee:
2007...$20
2008...$50
2011...$100

Tax (min).
2007... $32
2008... $38.40
2011.. 5% to 6%

Not enough per our legislators. Proposals now to increase your 2 year tag fees by 50%. Im not making this stuff up people. Your $128 2yr car tags to go to $192. Your $154.50 2 yr truck tags to go to $231.75 and your $180 2yr SUV tags to go to $270.

So if I buy a $1000 beater Bronco to go to the dump with, it will cost $60 tax, $100 title, $270 2yr tags .... or $430 to register and $270 every 2yrs thereafter...assuming I can make it 2 yrs without the state increasing the fees again.

Why not jack it up to an even $1000? Sarcastic... I mean its incrementally getting there anyways.

Last edited:

direxpgw

fees

Not to mention the cost of inspection and emissions. These are just the 2 most common MVA fee increases. There are dozens others that have increased similarly that not everyone encounters....ie personalized tags $50 to $100.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Motor vehicle fees proposed to increase again. Politicians in this state are so out of control and money hungry and have yet to find a tax/fee they dont see fit to increase. Quick summary of motor vehicle fee increases:

Title fee:
2007...$20
2008...$50
2011...$100

Tax (min).
2007... $32
2008... $38.40
2011.. 5% to 6%

Not enough per our legislators. Proposals now to increase your 2 year tag fees by 50%. Im not making this stuff up people. Your $128 2yr car tags to go to $192. Your $154.50 2 yr truck tags to go to $231.75 and your $180 2yr SUV tags to go to $270.

So if I buy a $1000 beater Bronco to go to the dump with, it will cost $60 tax, $100 title, $270 2yr tags .... or $430 to register and $270 every 2yrs thereafter...assuming I can make it 2 yrs without the state increasing the fees again.

Why not jack it up to an even $1000? Sarcastic... I mean its incrementally getting there anyways.

Any idea where this money's goin'? I'm betting, some politician's pocket.

luvmygdaughters

Any idea where this money's goin'? I'm betting, some politician's pocket.

Can you say...General Fund. That damn General fund must be like a black hole in space. Everything that goes in there seems to disappear with no explanations. Same thing happened with the Teachers Pension fund. The interest that was supposed to have been reinvested back into the pension fund some how got thrown into the General Fund, never to be seen or heard from again. Oh well, I didnt vote for O'Malley but I sure as hell am paying for him now.

nobody really

I need a nap
I'm gearing up to get the eff out when i retire. Maryland is becoming the place to be if you want to rape the unemployment system, the bankruptcy laws, the welfare system.

If you want to work to support your family, bend over if you want to live in maryland.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm gearing up to get the eff out when i retire. Maryland is becoming the place to be if you want to rape the unemployment system, the bankruptcy laws, the welfare system.

If you want to work to support your family, bend over if you want to live in maryland.

Try checking out the property taxes in MD - it's crazy what they charge. Most folks probably can't retire if they own a house in this area to pay property taxes on. Property taxes and utilities should not cost over $1k a month ... that's just crazy.

nobody really

I need a nap
Try checking out the property taxes in MD - it's crazy what they charge. Most folks probably can't retire if they own a house in this area to pay property taxes on. Property taxes and utilities should not cost over $1k a month ... that's just crazy.

amen mister sister. I was just saying the other day how the kids graduating from highschool are going to get RAPED by the state of maryland....at the rate its going, whats it going to be like in 20 years?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The elevator in my Doctor's building was inspected by the Maryland - get this - Department Of Labor, Licensing, And Registration (DOLLAR). :killingme

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Department Of Labor, Licensing, And Registration (DOLLAR).
First Owe'Malley and now that. It's like they're sending subliminal signals that all they care about is money... in addition to the slap-you-in-your-face signals.

glhs837

Power with Control
thats my point, I think these increases have already been defeated. Not to say they wont come back after election time, but for right now, they are not happening.

Chris0nllyn

thats my point, I think these increases have already been defeated. Not to say they wont come back after election time, but for right now, they are not happening.

If it's not these specific ones, it sure as hell has been 20+ other fee/tax increases.

The bay bridge toll used to be $2.50, then got raised to $4, and it'll be $6 by 2013.

luvmygdaughters

The Teachers pension has passed. The counties will now be responsible for the pensions. This means an increase in taxes including your property tax. I believe it wont become effective until next year. All because the interest from investments for the Teacher Pension was not reinvested into the plan. O'Malley found other uses for that money, you know, like welfare recipitents, illegal alien state benefits, food stamps for ex cons and repeat offenders and trying to push his "dream act" thru.