Maryland CCW permits

bcp

In My Opinion
:yeahthat:

Where's a good place to get a pistol other than the tackle box

Virginia.
less tax and you should still be able to register it here in Maryland.

Though, I still think you might need a dealer to handle the transaction.

Chris0nllyn

:yeahthat:

Where's a good place to get a pistol other than the tackle box

Keep Shooting in Waldorf. They don't have a store front, so you have to make an appointment. They're awesome, and Mario is cool as hell!

Virginia.

Still need to go through a FFL. Adding transfer fees, spent shell casing fees, MSP fees, etc. Probably easier to either order online, or buy from a FFL in MD.

nutz

How about Fred's Sporting Goods in Waldorf, Md:yahoo:

OHN, better places than Fred's to shop in the Waldorf area. If you know what you want to order, keepshooting and Allpawn have the cheaper paperwork fees.
Firearm, Sporting Goods, Military Surplus Online Store in Waldorf MD - Keepshooting®
Allpawn (White Plains) (301) 885-2274
Angus McGregor's Trading Post (866) 374-9340

Next up for look and see would be either
Engage Armament in Kensington
Maryland Small Arms Range Inc - Police Equipment & Supplies in Upper Marlboro

Chris0nllyn

I didn't read up on the whole thing. Is Maryland gonna use fees to make it tough to get a CCW; ie; $150/year?

I wouldn't doubt it. When they were debating it in Annapolis one person kept asking how much money they could make from issuing CCW permits.

I would imagine that if they are "forced" into issuing them, they would use it to put a dent in the deficit.

They could do things like make the renewal time shorter. For example, my Utah permit was only $50, and I don't have to renew it for 5 years. After 5 years it's only $15.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Virginia.

Maryland does not have a pistol registry. A MD resident can not go to Virginia to buy a gun at a gun shop.

bulldog

I didn't read up on the whole thing. Is Maryland gonna use fees to make it tough to get a CCW; ie; $150/year?

No doubt they will try, but it will come back on them in a quick hurry. It'll be very hard for them to charge more than they have been charging and justify it without it being seen as an extreme burden on those folks who can't afford the increased rates...which, in many cases are the folks who would argue that they live in areas where they need it the most.

E

EmptyTimCup

I though all pistols coming into MD through FFL Transfers had to be 'fingerprinted' - aka fired and shell casing photos cataloged with the firearm make ans serial

glhs837

Power with Control
No doubt they will try, but it will come back on them in a quick hurry. It'll be very hard for them to charge more than they have been charging and justify it without it being seen as an extreme burden on those folks who can't afford the increased rates...which, in many cases are the folks who would argue that they live in areas where they need it the most.

I don't think they will try to charge more, I see it as much more likely they will try and set up some sort of labyrinthine set up like DC. Just make the process so tedious and drawn out, "now that just anyone can get one, we have to take thesxe extra steps to make sure the folks who do are not going off half cocked", that very few people will make it through.

MILLER: The new guide to getting a gun in D.C. - Washington Times