Maryland Concealed Carry Permit Survey

Are you in favor of easier access to CCP in MD?

• Yes

Votes: 43 95.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Vince

Sad thing is, it's not just legislators.

Judge Blake (CA4 judge who upheld SB281) said in her opinion that "the court doubts assault weapons are used for self defense".
But you don't carry concealed a rifle.....oh, maybe you could with a mare's leg.

Vince

mare's leg.jpg
I carry a 12ga in my pants.

:lol:

But seriously, I'm just saying that it's not just stupid legislators making these decisions.
I could probably fit this one in my pants, but I'd probably have to buy bigger pants.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Sad thing is, it's not just legislators.

Judge Blake (CA4 judge who upheld SB281) said in her opinion that "the court doubts assault weapons are used for self defense".

I can't figure out how "assault weapons" can be used in the same sentence or even the same paragraph as "concealed carry." To me anyway, "concealed carry" means; with regards to the tool (gun); something that can easily hidden or readily obscured from view by the public; ie; handguns.
HOW do assault weapons wind up in the debate. They are two different things.

Hang on.....Assault Weapon (def):

nymag.com
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/what-makes-a-gun-an-assault-weapon.html

From Article:

The bill would ban the sale, transfer, manufacturing, and importation of all semiautomatic rifles and pistols that can accept a detachable magazine. (Semiautomatic weapons fire one round when the trigger is pulled and automatically put a new round in the chamber.) To be banned, the weapon must also have one of the following characteristics:

Pistol grip: A grip that "protrudes conspicuously" below the weapon, allowing the shooter to hold the rifle or shotgun like a pistol. Some people feel the pistol grip puts their wrist in a more comfortable position. This is the only characteristic that might apply to pistols. Why? because of the use of the term 'pistol grip.' Everything that follows only applies to full-auto and semi-auto rifles and/or shotguns, right?
.....and who would try to CC a long gun?

Forward grip: A second grip for the non-trigger hand.

Folding, telescopic, or detachable stock: The stock is the part of the gun that's held against the shoulder. A folding, telescopic, or detachable stock makes the weapon shorter so it can be stored or concealed more easily, and may allow the stock to be adjusted for different users.

Grenade launcher or rocket launcher: Attachments that allow grenades or rockets to be fired from the muzzle or a separate barrel. These can be used to fire flares, smoke rounds, or chalk rounds. Grenades that contain explosive material are expensive and heavily regulated, and must be registered with the federal government.

Barrel shroud: A ventilated covering that partially or completely encircles the barrel of a gun. This lets the shooter hold the barrel without being burned.

Threaded barrel: Threading at the tip of the barrel that allows attachments like silencers and flash suppressors to be mounted on the gun.

It seems like lawmakers are afraid of people walking around with these.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sca...v&sa=X&ei=QZAaVYXBFoOrggSB7YCwCQ&ved=0CCsQsAQ

Last edited:

abcxyz

It is my understanding that business owners that can prove they carry large amounts of cash can get one more readily than others. I have been told it is very difficult to get one otherwise.
Anyone?

Incorrect. A letter from the business owners bank attesting that they have a business account is all that is needed for that part of the requirement. The law says nothing about cash or denominations of cash.

1.Owner or employee of a business. You must submit photocopies of the Trader's, Business or Narcotics License or Articles of Incorporation to support Business ownership or as an authorized employee. You must also submit photocopies of six random deposit slips or deposits within a year for the business or a letter from the bank attesting that you have a business account. If you are an employee, you must submit a letter from your employer on the business letter head, verifying your employment and detailing the requirement or desire from the owner that you be armed.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...Registration/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It is my understanding that business owners that can prove they carry large amounts of cash can get one more readily than others. I have been told it is very difficult to get one otherwise.
Anyone?

Maybe this is part of the reason that the govt discourages (steals from) you from using large amounts of cash