Maryland Democrat Introduces Bill To Keep Anyone Under 25 From Being Charged With FELONY MURDER

BOP

Let that sink in for a moment.

In Maryland, felony murder occurs when someone is killed while a felony crime, like robbery is being committed.
For example, a getaway driver hits and kills a pedestrian while fleeing the scene of a crime, they are guilty of felony murder, under current law.
Democratic Delegate Charlotte Crutchfield is looking to change that with her Youth Accountability and Safety Act, House Bill 1180.
Specifically, Delegate Crutchfield wants that to apply to anyone under the age of 25.

Dammit. :ohwell:

SamSpade

I do "get" the idea of not setting in stone - or rather law - laws which sentence youths to the same punishment as someone older.

But I don't agree with it.

We grant all sorts of adult privileges to people under 25 - and many under that age have distinguished themselves on the world stage. We don't "dismiss" them because their brains haven't "fully matured". They're first responders, paramedics, nurses, policemen, firefighters and soldiers.

We do not shrink back in horror because their brains aren't ready yet. We applaud their maturity.

So no, don't agree that somehow, a murderer under 25 isn't as guilty as one over that age. If anything, this grants carte blanche to young gang killers who comprise the single largest age bloc of shooters. Pass this law, and you uncork the genie.

Reactions: BOP

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So no, don't agree that somehow, a murderer under 25 isn't as guilty as one over that age. If anything, this grants carte blanche to young gang killers who comprise the single largest age bloc of shooters. Pass this law, and you uncork the genie.
Just makes the pass they are already given....official.

Hijinx

Here is a black woman who basically wants to give a license to kill to any kid especially blacks.
A kid at 14 can kill you just as dead as one 25. We don't use the death penalty in Maryland anyway so these kids are not going to be executed, but what does she suggest we do with them. Why not give them a phucking medal.?

I swear these people getting elected from "woke" districts are getting crazier by the day.
I sure as hell hope there are enough intelligent people in the legislature to deny this bill, but as i say that I know for sure that if it passed our boy Moore would sign it.

Black people need to WTF up. I don't live in PG, Northern Charles, Baltimore city or county, or even Howard , that is where the majority of blacks in Maryland live. Black people if this bill passes it is you are in the greatest danger, not me. It is majority black people who will be killed by these young killer not me. It is you who need to straighten this idiot out.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Reading the actual change being proposed those under 25 can still be charged with first degree murder if that act was "a deliberate, premeditated, and willful killing or that it was committed by lying in wait, or committed by poison." What they want changed is when a 25 or under "happens" to kill someone while committing another felony they don't face life without parole. BS yep. But not really much of a change.

CRHS89

Kind of ironic that when talking about people under the age of 25 killing others, their brains aren't mature, but when talking about changing their sex by surgery, they of course have the maturity to make a life-altering decision. Make up your minds...you can't have it both ways.

TPD

the poor dad
Kind of ironic that when talking about people under the age of 25 killing others, their brains aren't mature, but when talking about changing their sex by surgery, they of course have the maturity to make a life-altering decision. Make up your minds...you can't have it both ways.
Don’t forget the bill also being proposed that allows kids as young as 14 to decide, without parental consent, to get the rona jab

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Don’t forget the bill also being proposed that allows kids as young as 14 to decide, without parental consent, to get the rona jab
SB 378 was withdrawn for this session.
HB119 is the one everyone needs to be chirping about.

TPD

the poor dad
SB 378 was withdrawn for this session.
HB119 is the one everyone needs to be chirping about.
Had to look up HB119 - just wow!

The framework includes choice and affirmation of identity, sexual orientation, and same sex relationships starting in PreK. It also teaches oral, vaginal, and anal sex to 12-year-olds. It even claims racism in sexual health on page 34.

Hijinx

Perverts everywhere. Dem legislatures and school principals and teachers the ranks are full of them.Leave the kids alone

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Black people need to WTF up. I don't live in PG, Northern Charles, Baltimore city or county, or even Howard , that is where the majority of blacks in Maryland live. Black people if this bill passes it is you are in the greatest danger, not me. It is majority black people who will be killed by these young killer not me. It is you who need to straighten this idiot out.
This right here.

People I care about aren't in danger of being gunned down by some random street thug. But people in high crime neighborhoods are. So the places where the shootings are taking place will get a little bit more bloodier & violent.

Locally the GMR/Lexington Park area where there have been a lot of recent shootings will become southern Maryland's first no go zone. And I'll laugh while the locals plead for the police to DO SOMETHING all the while refusing to assist the police when they know who the shooters are.

Wasn't there a movement not too long ago to lower the voting age to 16? How will this impact gender confused preteens that want to take life altering hormones without their parent's knowledge? Will they have to wait to get their self mutilation surgeries until they reach the age of 25?