Maryland Football

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
should be blown up. The new AD comes in and fires a 10 win coach and hires a JUCO (basically) coach and his staff consists of a bunch pigskin rejects. The Terps defense could not cover their asses with both hands and forget about covering the cut back lanes.

:facepalm:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'd transfer if I was Danny O'Brien. Edsall is treating him like Spurrier treated Ramsey.

homedepot20

should be blown up. The new AD comes in and fires a 10 win coach and hires a JUCO (basically) coach and his staff consists of a bunch pigskin rejects. The Terps defense could not cover their asses with both hands and forget about covering the cut back lanes.

No Fear the Turtle this year or Next ! Hope MD basketball doesn't have the same fallout , with out Gary :whistle:

Otter

Nothing to see here

:pathetic:

thurley42

HY;FR
The ACC is mostly JUCO caliber football as it is......This is karma for their horrible choices of uniforms.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The ACC is mostly JUCO caliber football as it is......This is karma for their horrible choices of uniforms.

:lol:

Maryland is not committed to being a perennial football powerhouse. Expectations should be in line with that fact. Dick Dull tried it with Bobby Ross and was well on his way of making Maryland a top program.

Then, Len Bias died. And that was it.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Umm...Edsall was actually doing a pretty good job and was one of the hotter coaching names. I was surprised he moved over to Maryland after the season he had because the program wasn't much of a step up.

If he had success at UConn, I'm sure he can have success at Maryland. I haven't paid any attention to the Terps to know if last season's team was senior-heavy or what, but all coaches need time to get personnel to fit their system.

Good points. :roflmao:

:lol:

Maryland is not committed to being a perennial football powerhouse. Expectations should be in line with that fact. Dick Dull tried it with Bobby Ross and was well on his way of making Maryland a top program.

Then, Len Bias died. And that was it.
Agreed. Last year's team, even with ~9 wins, seemed like an average team at best that overachieved against mediocre competition. I was surprised they fired Friedgen, but only because they somehow came out with so many wins. The AD realized the program wasn't going anywhere under him and their record was an absolute FLUKE, but if they had followed Larry's advice they would have kept him because they'd never do much better.

However, they decided they could take "the next step" and become competitive in the ACC. Edsall was a good hire and they had more of a chance to revitalize the program with him at the helm. The jury is still out, since one season won't tell you anything.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Maryland has a football team? :confused:

yup. Fear the turtle!

BabyTerrapin.jpg