Maryland may raise smoking age to 21

luvmygdaughters

What??? You're saying the Tide Pod eating, condom sniffing, cinnamon eating, burn yourself with a hot coil generation, should not be allowed to vote for people who will be making decisions affecting everyone of us!! What are you...an age bigot?? :sarcasm: :roflmao:

CPUSA

And the first thing the kids would vote on once they get enough power?

Lowering the drinking & smoking age to 16....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And the first thing the kids would vote on once they get enough power?

Lowering the drinking & smoking age to 16....

And legalize drugs.

Anyone who thinks 16 year olds should be allowed to vote obviously doesn't know any.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish the voting age could be changed to 25 or older. While there are exceptions, most young "adults" are dingbats.

I think anyone of any age should be allowed to vote as long as they can pass a civics test and demonstrate knowledge about the candidates and their stance on the issues. If a 15 year old can pass, let him vote; if a 65 year old fails, no voting for him. Throw in a question about the impeachment process and there will never be another Democrat voter again.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I think anyone of any age should be allowed to vote as long as they can pass a civics test and demonstrate knowledge about the candidates and their stance on the issues. If a 15 year old can pass, let him vote; if a 65 year old fails, no voting for him. Throw in a question about the impeachment process and there will never be another Democrat voter again.

I must say that back during the Clinton thing, I was surprised to see the number of GOPers who would've failed a question about the impeachment process. So, while I agree that a lot of people do not have a full understanding about the impeachment process, registered Democrats do not hold a monopoly on that distinction.

RodRugg

My grandma prays to God constantly that they will make it possible to smoke and vote at the same time again. She hasn't voted since 1972 because she refuses to do anything that takes more than 30 minutes where you can't smoke. Before that she even used to be a poll worker and she could sit and smoke and vote all day long as much as she wanted. She remembers sitting and smoking and voting for Agnew until she ran out of tobacco and ballots and had to borrow some from another poll worker! Several years ago she got stuck in the House of Mirrors at the Fair and she punched her way through eight sheets of glass to get out. She just prays that if they make smoking and voting possible again they don't move it to the Fairgrounds because she is banned from there for life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My grandma prays to God constantly that they will make it possible to smoke and vote at the same time again.

ME TOO!!! And they should serve drinks. Good ones. And snacks - little pigs in a blanket and bowls of Ruffles with french onion dip from the packet.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Raise the smoking age to 21 and lower the voting age to 16. The latter is planned for next year. They already can in Takoma Park, Hyattsville and Greenbelt.