Maryland State Police Arrest Pair Following Traffic Stop In St. Mary’s County

With over 120 years of experience, their team of lawyers and experienced legal support professionals work to help you in a time of legal need.
(LEXINGTON PARK, MD) – Maryland State Police arrested two men on weapons charges following a traffic stop last week in St. Mary’s County.

Shortly before 9:15 p.m. on Dec. 30, troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack stopped a vehicle for failure to stop at a stop sign. During this time, the trooper observed a weapon sticking out from under the center console of the vehicle.

Upon additional units arriving on scene, a search was conducted and two handguns were located in the vehicle. Both the driver, Corey Lakeith Bowman, 24, of Waldorf, Maryland and the passenger, Gerald Edward Gross, 21, of Lusby, Maryland were placed under arrest for numerous gun related charges and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center.

The incident remains under investigation.

Corey Bowman Gerald Gross

###​

CONTACT: Office of Media Communications, msp.media@maryland.gov

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

So I'm guessing that they've been released on their own recognizance? Carry illeagally in southern Maryland without fear...None gon happen to ya.

Bare-ya-cuda

So I'm guessing that they've been released on their own recognizance? Carry illeagally in southern Maryland without fear...None gon happen to ya.
Depends on demographics, I am willing to bet a law abiding Tax paying citizen without a permit returning From the range slips up and makes a stop and somehow gets caught with handgun in vehicle that the book will be thrown at you by the states attorney.
These degens don’t care if they are caught, like you said wiling do any time and probably won’t show up for court. My bet is they are on the streets and already have firearms.

Bare-ya-cuda

(LEXINGTON PARK, MD) – Maryland State Police arrested two men on weapons charges following a traffic stop last week in St. Mary’s County.

Shortly before 9:15 p.m. on Dec. 30, troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack stopped a vehicle for failure to stop at a stop sign. During this time, the trooper observed a weapon sticking out from under the center console of the vehicle.

Upon additional units arriving on scene, a search was conducted and two handguns were located in the vehicle. Both the driver, Corey Lakeith Bowman, 24, of Waldorf, Maryland and the passenger, Gerald Edward Gross, 21, of Lusby, Maryland were placed under arrest for numerous gun related charges and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center.

The incident remains under investigation.

Corey Bowman Gerald Gross

###​

CONTACT: Office of Media Communications, msp.media@maryland.gov
Neither being from st Mary’s county, they were probably caught Shortly before using their illegal guns in commission of a crime.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll bet you money the cops were already onto these two and just looking for a reason to pull them over and get their hands on them.

limblips

PREMO Member
Both well known by LEOs. Both have many entries in the judicial records and not for jaywalking. This latest has a charge of altered serial number, possession by a felon, and a host of other charges. If the system worked, they both would have been in jail and unable to commit any crime except sodomy!

Depends on demographics, I am willing to bet a law abiding Tax paying citizen without a permit returning From the range slips up and makes a stop and somehow gets caught with handgun in vehicle that the book will be thrown at you by the states attorney.
These degens don’t care if they are caught, like you said wiling do any time and probably won’t show up for court. My bet is they are on the streets and already have firearms.

Exactly why I spoke up. I'm an older (rapidly closing on 60) white guy. Too bad I'll never be able to carry legally in this state.