State Police Maryland State Police Investigate Fatal Pedestrian Crash In Baltimore County

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(PERRY HALL, Md.) – Maryland State Police are investigating a crash in which a pedestrian was struck and killed on I-95 last night in Baltimore County.

The victim is identified as Aaron Reddy, 18, of Perry Hall. Reddy was pronounced deceased on the scene by emergency medical service personnel. He was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for autopsy.

At approximately 10:40 p.m. on Wednesday, March 27, 2019, troopers from the Maryland State JFK Memorial Highway Barrack responded to the report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle near mile marker 68.5 on southbound I-95, at the Joppa Road overpass. Upon their arrival, troopers observed a black Honda Civic in the woods against a chain link fence, which runs parallel to the highway. Police determined the vehicle belonged to Reddy, who was found lying unresponsive in the travel portion of southbound I-95.

The preliminary investigation indicates Reddy left his residence in Perry Hall and proceeded eastbound on Joppa Road approaching I-95 when he exited the roadway for unknown reasons and traveled for approximately 400 yards before striking a tree. His vehicle came to rest against a chain link fence. Police believe Reddy, who was alone in his car, exited his vehicle and entered the roadway on foot. Witnesses told police they observed Reddy lying on the roadway before he was struck by oncoming traffic.

Troopers from the JFK Barrack responded to the scene. Investigators from the Criminal Enforcement Division North and the Maryland State Police CRASH Team also responded to conduct interviews with witnesses who remained on the scene. Personnel from the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration responded to set up traffic detours while the road remained closed.

The investigation is ongoing…

###​

[ This article originally appeared here ]