State Police Maryland State Police Investigating Six-Vehicle Crash On I-495 In Montgomery County

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(ROCKVILLE, MD) – Maryland State Police are investigating a six-vehicle crash that shut down the Inner and Outer loop of Interstate 495 for a short time during Friday morning’s rush hour in Montgomery County.

Two people were taken to the hospital as a result of the crash, which occurred at approximately 7:30 a.m. near River Road in Bethesda, Maryland. All lanes of the Washington Beltway were re-opened around 8 a.m.

According to a preliminary investigation, a tractor trailer on the Outer Loop of I-495 near River Road reportedly lost an unknown object from its load, which caused a vehicle behind it to lose control, travel through an opening in the jersey wall and onto the Inner Loop of I-495, where it crashed into several other vehicles, one of which caught fire.

Troopers from the Rockville Barrack responded to the scene. One victim, an adult female, was transported to Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, in stable condition, while the other victim, also an adult female, was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia for treatment of her injuries. She is also listed in stable condition.

No charges have been filed at this time. The investigation continues.

###

CONTACT: Brenda Carl – Office of Media Communications, 410-653-4236

[ This article originally appeared here ]