Maryland voters send a warning shot to Democrats

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats that even the bluest of blue-state voters can’t pretend anymore that things are going well.

With a border Biden has refused to visit, crippling inflation that he initially dismissed as temporary, and a broken supply chain that has affected every segment of our lives and our economy, Biden is widely seen by voters as negligent on all of those issues.

His problems do not end there. Ending the war in Afghanistan, a move that had widespread support, was never supposed to be at the expense of American lives. His management of COVID-19 became political instead of managerial, and how he and the Justice Department have addressed parents' distress with local school boards has sent chills to suburban parents here and across the county.

And the oddest thing is that this administration and its surrogates think all the public are concerned about is passing a massive human infrastructure bill filled with liberal programs that overreach at every turn.

The message is: Once it becomes law, all will be fine.

22AcaciaAve

Well, here's the thing. Hogan is certainly not a far right governor the way governor's of Texas, Florida, North, South Dakota, Nebraska....and so on are. That kind of governor cannot ever exist in Maryland. What he did was to back out a lot of ultra progressive O'Malley's taxes and fees. He also spread money around statewide instead of concentrating all of it to the cesspool called Baltimore City. And he did that with no help from a state legislature that had override numbers.

Hogan angered a lot of republicans because he didn't bow down to Donald Trump. So what? Personally I don't want my leaders feeling like they have to tow the party line the way democrats want to do behind Biden. Bottom line is if you want to live in a far right state, Maryland is not your choice. The fact that a republican could win governor and win re-election is something I would have doubted. He may not be as conservative or right leaning as some want, but look at the alternatives. We had the progressive Irish idiot O'Malley. We could have had Anthony Brown or Ben Jealous. Yeah, I will take Hogan over that trio of ultra liberal progressives any day.

Hijinx

Hogan did not have to bow down to Trump, but he also did not have to ignore the actions of the Trump Presidency that were tossed aside by the idiot sitting in the white House now either.
Trump was IMO a great President who should have thought before he tweeted.

I voted for Hogan despite my dislike for the man because I know which side my bread is buttered on.
If faced with the same situation I would vote for him again.
But his dislike for Trump and the dislike others had for Trump got us in the mess we are in now.
A mess we never would have had with Trump.